ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    Advise needed - Good soldier, bad spouse
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advise needed - Good soldier, bad spouse
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Microsoft's SYNC system...It takes voice commands. I would have thought you would be all over that as a commo officer. Smiler

Edit: but half the time it gets the command wrong and you have to argue with your car.

quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
quote:
Originally posted by Triwall:
Yes, but can you talk to your car? It's a lonely 35 minute drive I need someone to argue with lol.

HUH?? Smiler

I was just comparing "new car" payment vs. getting an affordable car....

Posts: 364 | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triwall:
Microsoft's SYNC system...It takes voice commands. I would have thought you would be all over that as a commo officer. Smiler

Edit: but half the time it gets the command wrong and you have to argue with your car.

Ahhhhhh LOL

I'm all about the geeky new tech just because, but haven't read much good about Sync...
(and personal issues have very much kept me from being able to afford anything other than really old cars... Pending divorce and a couple years of bill payment will fix that Smiler )

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Corvette1140:
I just wanted A SHO like you...LOL.

Only with twin turbo, and AWD

Nice cars- but the original SHO was the fastest FWD in the world, came with a manual transmission ONLY, above 100mph could beat the 5.0 'Stang.. Big Grin

AND was the 3rd fastest 4door in the world. In 1989,
BMW M5= $50k
BMW 7series= $70k
Taurus SHO= $20k

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hey! Way off topic. Let's focus here.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
We are just attempting to help the Soldier afford a suitable fun used car he does not regret later. Some of the guys on the forum are enthusiasts.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
as i have been in a similar situation the name not being changed per social security it is not illegal, using her married name on documents instead of using her maiden name on bills and such is just using an alias. he does however need to always keep a copy of the marriage license and her social security card as proof of both names.
quote:
Originally posted by filthyillness:
I've been doing a little bit of searching through the NCO business and general search for anything that may relate to this just to get some insight and options as to which to check out.

I've a soldier in my section that came to inform me that he is having some marital issues with his spouse.

A brief record; this kid, as far as I've seen, has done just about everything to support and make his wife happy. When they first got married, he was having issues but that was solely personal issues between him and his wife and out side of the Army and his attitude didn't effect the work place at all.

With that said, I think it may have escalated from there as to what's going on now. He's an E-3 with less than 2 years in service. Has a 2013 Ford for himself and recently bought his wife a 2012 Chevy Cruze for her to get around and find a job. He recently bought and is paying monthly for her breasts implants and pays all the bills. She is bringing no sort of income for any of the recreational or luxury items she demands from him even at his low rate of income. After bills he has minimal funds for anything. He is a prime example of living paycheck to paycheck.

She recently "left" him and moved back to their home of record to "find a job" and explained to him, which he explained to me, that she thinks it's better for her to move back and find a job there because she cannot find a job here (Fort Bragg).

Anyways, he feels a divorce may be in the near future but what I want to know is what are his options as far as paying for all the bills they've piled up and if he's to pay her any money plus pay all the bills that she's collected in his name. Per Social Security, her name has not changed. She still holds her surname. All the bills and anything she's signed for since getting married, has the new last name. From his and my understanding, that's illegal.

Finance will tell me one thing but as experienced soldiers and ways to help this poor guy out, what do you think?

Areas of interest:
- His vehicle is under his name
- Her vehicle is under both names
- Apartment lease is under both names
- Implants are under both names
- Bills under his name

What acts and reliefs are there to help him as far as the second vehicle and the apartment if he were to get divorced?

What services are offered to help for counseling through Militaryonesource or ACS? I'm thinking of a referral to a finance advisor and marriage counseling. Although she's not living in the same state anymore, can he still do marriage counseling? What other options are their as he wants to seek a counselors advice.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 23 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post