ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    p3 profile and apft
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

p3 profile and apft
 Login/Join

posted
I am currently on a p3 and exempt from doing the su portion of the apft. At all of my other units, 7 in 6 years, i have been able to take the events only after being verbally counseled that the unit cannot make me do the event and i am doing it of my own free will. I am now promotable and would have been picked up 2 months ago if the s1 wouldn't have taken points away from me, they said i can only get 60 points for the su portion because of my profile, regardless if i completed the event or not. Could someone give me the regulation on whether or not a sm can elect to take events that the sm is on a p3 profile for.in all of my research i haven't found any regulation on whether or not the sm can elect to do the event or if its just absolutely no the sm cannot take the event regardless if he/she has dr consent and feels up to it.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 23 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I highly doubt that any regulation covers that other than possibly the UCMJ (failure to obey a lawful order which is what that profile is when you receive it). You were given the the profile and told not to do the event for a reason. If that reason is no longer valid and you can do the event then contact your Dr and get the profile reviewed and do regular PT with everyone else. If there is still a reason why you can't do the event and the profile is valid, then stop putting yourself at risk for further injury and follow the profile.

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post