ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    !!!!!please help!!!!!!wiegh and tape soldier issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

!!!!!please help!!!!!!wiegh and tape soldier issues
 Login/Join

posted
if you have a soldier that fails tape and he requests a re tape do you have to give it to him at his request and is their an army reg to back this up.

my soldier failed weight by two percent about 25 days before his next ait the commander wont give him a chance cut his orders flagged him and pulled his promotable status before they even told him he had a high pt score and just wants the opportunity to be tape again by someone else in a week I am just trying to help him out he is a high speed soldier and needs to move on with his carrier please help

Posts: 1 | Registered: 31 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MattU
posted Hide Post
Consult AR 600-9, Army Weight Control Program

CH-47D/F Mechanic
Technical Inspector

AR 670-1/Regulation Mafia

Posts: 394 | Location: Camp Humphreys, ROK | Registered: 25 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 98C40_35N40
posted Hide Post
quote:
Consult AR 600-9, Army Weight Control Program

Consult AR 600-9, Army Body Composition Program

Fixed That For You Wink

NCO's Lead The Way!

SFC Nick Martinez
B Co, 3rd MI BN (AE)
Camp Humphreys, KOR

“I am the punishment of God... If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” ― Genghis Khan

Posts: 273 | Location: HQ J2, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, NE | Registered: 20 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Direct excerpt from AR 600-9 ABCP. This is just the beginning of Chapter 3. If you have Soldiers, you better gain some basic leadership knowledge.

3–7. Actions, counselings, and evaluations for Reserve Component Soldiers not on active duty
The following is required when a Soldier is determined to exceed the body fat standard (see table 3–1):
a. Notification counseling. In accordance with AR 600–8–2, the commander has until the final unit training
assembly of that weekend’s multiple unit training assembly (MUTA) to Flag the Soldier using DA Form 268. Soldiers
will be counseled regarding the initiation of the DA Form 268 prior to the conclusion of the first training period
following the date the flagging action was initiated in accordance with AR 600–8–2. The effective date of the flagging
action is the date the Soldier is found to be noncompliant. During this notification counseling, Soldiers will be advised
they—
(1) Have a DA Form 268 placed on their record to suspend favorable personnel actions. Some of the ramifications
of the flagging action include:
(a) Are nonpromotable (to the extent such nonpromotion is permitted by law).
(b) Will not be assigned to command, command sergeant major, or first sergeant positions.
(c) In accordance with AR 350–1, are not authorized to attend military schools and institutional training courses.

Posts: 169 | Registered: 24 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Fuller
posted Hide Post
Question...I know of an NCO that has a Soldier that made cut off for E-5. He is on the by name list. Is it legal for the 1SG to have the SM get weight and tape before they pin him? Ive been in a while and I have never heard of a company weighing and taping a SM just because they found out that SM made cut oof. They didn't weigh and tape me nor did they weigh and tape anyone else before they got pinned.

Posts: 4 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The commander can check if a Soldier is within tolerance of AR 600-9 at his discretion. In other words yes.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Fuller
posted Hide Post
Would it be considered discriminatory if the commander and or first sergeant never weighed or taped anyone else that got picked up...just him?

Posts: 4 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This kind of seems like a good question for IG without initating any involvement.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT Fuller:
Would it be considered discriminatory if the commander and or first sergeant never weighed or taped anyone else that got picked up...just him?

I would say no, because they commander can direct anyone the presents and overweight appearance to be taped.

Posts: 404 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sprat2
posted Hide Post
Is it discriminatory that your commander feels this soon to be NCO needs to be weighed in??? I feel like you should pass the standards any day of the week, why does it matter the commander wants to weigh you in? If you are unable to pass you do not need to be promoted.

Posts: 260 | Location: Macdill AFB | Registered: 21 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I had a situation like this with a troop in one of my units, the 1sgt tried to give a solider a pt test right before they got pinned, never did this with any other soldiers. IG said that they could not do it because it was only one soldier, if they did it for everyone getting pinned then it would be ok, or gave a pt test to the entire company then it would be ok, but because it was one soldier singled out that they could not do that.

Posts: 29 | Registered: 17 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post