ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    Soldier with Permanent 'NO PT Test Run' profile still running
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Soldier with Permanent 'NO PT Test Run' profile still running
 Login/Join

Picture of LuckyLu
posted Hide Post
On the 705 they do not get points recorded, however for the board the PU/SU are averaged and that score is used for the aerobic event. So a Soldier would get promotion points for attaining a 300.

"America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great." - Eisenhower

Posts: 480 | Location: Around the world.... | Registered: 15 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've been on a P2 for 4 years now. While we were deployed I worked really hard in the gym to strengthen my legs. I was told by the doctors that part of the reason my knees hurt so bad was due to one half of the leg being stronger then the other muscles in the leg and my MRI showed scar tissue from previous injuries. I did what I was told and felt very confidant in myself so I worked back into running very slowly along with other things like ruck marches. I was very skeptical about getting off profile for the simple fact that once you injure something its a lot more easier to get injured again. My PCM also told me this and wouldn't even take me off profile until she saw fit and advised me to listen. She revised my profile so I could run my pt test, but I still had run at own pace because there were days that I hurt like hell, specially when its cold outside. I started running a lot more and doing a lot more rucking. I became the 2nd or 3rd fastest in our shop. I thought I was doing really good, I was training for the ruck march at Air Assault school and getting in better shape to drop a warrant packet then I blew my knee out and now I'm in the process of getting med boarded. I can't run, I can barely walk, stairs give me trouble and to think that 8-9 months ago I thought I was golden. It sucks, I caught flak from some individuals because I was fast and refused to get off profile till I was 100% confident in my ability. Since I was tired of people riding my ass and catching lip about my profile I pushed myself a little harder then I felt comfortable with. Now look where I am, on my way out the door with a bum knee. I had planned to go warrant so I could fly and make the army a career. Not anymore. For the sake of the SM, leave him alone. How would you feel if he went off on you one day because he blew his knee out since he was tired of being hounded? I've gone off on my leadership with no repercussions because now they fully understand I wasn't bsing, I've even been apologized to. Just leave him be, it isn't your body and it isn't you. He is following his profile within its given limits, back off.

Posts: 23 | Registered: 12 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 98C40_35N40
posted Hide Post
+1

This is EXACTLY what everyone here was talking about...

NCO's Lead The Way!

SFC Nick Martinez
B Co, 3rd MI BN (AE)
Camp Humphreys, KOR

“I am the punishment of God... If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” ― Genghis Khan

Posts: 273 | Location: HQ J2, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, NE | Registered: 20 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of INTEL NCO
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me is that you have a lot of time in your hands sergeant and it also sounds like you would love to get a P2 profile. Trust me I have seen a lot of soldiers in my career that did everything to get the walk rather than run but they paid for it. The walk is no joke

All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership.

Posts: 174 | Location: Fort Bragg, NC | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LuckyLu
posted Hide Post
INTEL NCO, maybe I'm just in peak physical condition or something (I definitely know that's not the truth), but I thought the walk was probably the easiest physical activity I've ever done in my nine year career.

Caveat: other than stretching

"America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, she will cease to be great." - Eisenhower

Posts: 480 | Location: Around the world.... | Registered: 15 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ArmyWife~N~Soldier
posted Hide Post
I don't think there's anything that you as his NCO can do to make him come off of profile. If he wants to, then you can certainly help him and support him. However, the issuing doc felt like he needed it and he obviously does as well. If you think he is faking, and you have proof of him breaking his profile, then you could counsel him for malingering and recommend UCMJ. However, I have seen Soldiers who stay on no-running profiles or own pace and distance profiles because of injuries that become aggravated by running everyday or running in formation. When they need to rest their knee, or ankle, or whatever, they can't because when you do PT for an hour and a half everyday, everyday is a run day! If you have reason to believe he's running on his own, then that's great because he's rehabilitating his injury and not just riding his profile. He may truly need to use his own discretion on what he can and can't do and organized unit or platoon PT doesn't allow for that. I'd leave it alone and be glad he's remaining active.

Posts: 759 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kall90:
I've been on a P2 for 4 years now. While we were deployed I worked really hard in the gym to strengthen my legs. I was told by the doctors that part of the reason my knees hurt so bad was due to one half of the leg being stronger then the other muscles in the leg and my MRI showed scar tissue from previous injuries. I did what I was told and felt very confidant in myself so I worked back into running very slowly along with other things like ruck marches. I was very skeptical about getting off profile for the simple fact that once you injure something its a lot more easier to get injured again. My PCM also told me this and wouldn't even take me off profile until she saw fit and advised me to listen. She revised my profile so I could run my pt test, but I still had run at own pace because there were days that I hurt like hell, specially when its cold outside. I started running a lot more and doing a lot more rucking. I became the 2nd or 3rd fastest in our shop. I thought I was doing really good, I was training for the ruck march at Air Assault school and getting in better shape to drop a warrant packet then I blew my knee out and now I'm in the process of getting med boarded. I can't run, I can barely walk, stairs give me trouble and to think that 8-9 months ago I thought I was golden. It sucks, I caught flak from some individuals because I was fast and refused to get off profile till I was 100% confident in my ability. Since I was tired of people riding my ass and catching lip about my profile I pushed myself a little harder then I felt comfortable with. Now look where I am, on my way out the door with a bum knee. I had planned to go warrant so I could fly and make the army a career. Not anymore. For the sake of the SM, leave him alone. How would you feel if he went off on you one day because he blew his knee out since he was tired of being hounded? I've gone off on my leadership with no repercussions because now they fully understand I wasn't bsing, I've even been apologized to. Just leave him be, it isn't your body and it isn't you. He is following his profile within its given limits, back off.

This is a shame to hear; physical fitness should be an individual event IMO. Best of luck to you.

Posts: 759 | Location: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: 12 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I too think pt should be an individual event for the simple fact that officers prove it time and time again. I scored in the extended scale while deployed and for a short time after we came home and didn't do group pt. Now we work 10-15 hour days on a regular basis plus we do pt. Now I'm lucky to get a 200-220. The officers in the company on the other hand consistently have high scores on their pt test and they NEVER come to pt and do pt on their own. Army pt is a joke.

posted Hide Post
Leave him alone. Nothing about his situation affects you in any way. To accuse a soldier of malingering without a medical degree and having had examined him is slander, which is a crime. Lead him. Your job is to provide purpose, direction, amd motivation. Accomplish your mission and take care of your soldier. End of story.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Posts: 54 | Registered: 18 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
At least he isn't a profile ranger.

Picture of LuckyLu
posted Hide Post
DJ, I'm not sure what world you live in, but accusing a Soldier of malingering isn't a 'crime'.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od...rticles/a/mcm115.htm

posted Hide Post
LuckyLu,
I'm glad that I can take the alternative event. I'm 47 and have had knee surgery. Good for you to try the Walk to refresh yourself. Haven't looked up your score to see how well you did. :-)

Person who corrected me about promotion points,
I haven't looked at the regulation that you quoted, but will do so. If I'm wrong, at least I will have learned something. :-)

kall90,
I'm so, so, sorry to hear about your MEB process. :-( :-( I will pray for you that you get to stay in. Been through two myself, and the waiting is excruciating. Funny how that works. The people who want to stay in the most have to really pray and fight for it, and the people who want to get out the most are healthy as a horse...

Posts: 5 | Registered: 31 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kall90:
I too think pt should be an individual event for the simple fact that officers prove it time and time again. I scored in the extended scale while deployed and for a short time after we came home and didn't do group pt. Now we work 10-15 hour days on a regular basis plus we do pt. Now I'm lucky to get a 200-220. The officers in the company on the other hand consistently have high scores on their pt test and they NEVER come to pt and do pt on their own. Army pt is a joke.

By and large, yes it is. I had a 300+ when I came out of AIT and continued to score high, never below a 270. But I didn't get back to 300+ again in the entire 8 years until we deployed and I was working out on my own. Some units have the 290+ that can do PT on their own, but when I suggested it I got shot down because they wanted the stronger PT guys there to motivate the others. Of course there has to be a minimum standard because no matter what your MOS is, as a Soldier you have to be able to do physically demanding things. HOWEVER, maintaining that standard should be a personal responsibility in my opinion. Everybody's fitness levels are different, and everybody's bodies are different.

<kennedyronna>
posted
Chronic knee pain is usually a result of constant impact on the ligaments, which can often lead to Jumper's knee Jumper's knee but there are number of treatments as well as, surgery, few natural treatments as stretching exercises, Physical therapy etc. Choose anyone which suits you the best.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
where you within your time limit on the walk time?
quote:
Originally posted by LuckyLu:
Did a mock walk PT test tonight..

71 Pushups
70 Situps
34:31 walk

I can honestly say for me the walk was EXTREMELY easy. Not once did I feel out of breath, nor did I really have any pain in my legs. If I had the option of doing the walk or run I would pick the walk every single time.

I am not a Super Soldier running 13 minute two miles, I probably average a 1430 or so and I'm usually pretty good with the other two events.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 23 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post