ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    SSG to SFC Promotion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SSG to SFC Promotion
 Login/Join

Picture of SSG Lenox
posted
Ok Im AGR and a SSG I am trying to find out if anyone can give me a little help as the promotion board is coming up. This will be my second time to be looked at by the board.

Being AGR my packet goes forward and goes before the board. They review it and I get promoted or not. If you dont get propmted you never find out the issues and problems with your packet and in turn are stuck guessing at how come you didnt get promoted. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Have you talked to your 1SG or CSM? Usually they can look at your packet and tell you what you may need to improve on or correct. Also look at results from prior boards. I know they usually mention what they looked for in other boards. Usually CSM's have an idea of what was looked at for the past board.
I know our Regimental CSM told us what they were looking for at the last E7 board, so as to help us fine tune our ERB.
I am, however, not too sure how AGR works, as I thought there needs to be a slot open for it. I could be wrong, maybe that's reserve/NG.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference"

Posts: 116 | Location: A tiny blip on the map in Iraq | Registered: 20 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post