ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    Batteries for a Chem light??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batteries for a Chem light??
 Login/Join

Picture of tatsandjack
posted
Just wanting to see if anyone has anything creative that they tell the new guys that come to their unit.

Posts: 18 | Location: FT. Hood | Registered: 17 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG JT 3166
posted Hide Post

Posts: 54 | Location: Somewhere hot | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of tatsandjack
posted Hide Post
HAHA there are some pretty good ones on there! Has anyone thought of anything new? Feel free to just include funny stories from you unit (i.e. turning you commanders patches upside down before the Command and Staff meeting)

Posts: 18 | Location: FT. Hood | Registered: 17 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of k9nermp
posted Hide Post
Lets see I didn't read that link above but I have heard.

Go to supply and get some grid squares.

Of course the Chem light batteries.

Oh lord let me rack my brain, after all I did just get back from the Drill Sergeant school and have good ideas. Smiler

The average Shepard can run 35mph, can you??

Posts: 231 | Location: Ft Jackson | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
too bad there are actually batteries for the chem lights now

Posts: 73 | Location: Fort Leavenworth, KS | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Focus fluid for the camera lenses. We had instructors at AIT sending their students all over our school house asking for this. Too funny.

And speaking of the "exhaust sample", my first FTX at Bragg, I had the Motor Pool NCO try and send me down to help a SPC (P) get an exhaust sample. There she was, on her hands and knees with an empty gatorade bottle holding it up to the exhaust of a HMMWV. I told her they were giving her crap and she still refused to stop saying that since he outranked her, she was going to do what he said. While I can appreciate her respecting the rank, all I did was tell him "Okay SGT, I'll be more than willing to do it as long as you show me where in the TM to find the proper procedure for this." He looked at me like I had 10 heads and told me just to drive on. LOL

Google is your friend!

Posts: 162 | Location: Fort McPherson, GA | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wfs29223
posted Hide Post
How about checking the break fluid on a 915.

Posts: 8 | Location: Fort Campbell KY | Registered: 12 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<That325iGetsDown>
posted
In the motorpool we tell new mechanics to check the blinker fluid...

Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you are in a motorpool with tracks you can have a new guy check the roadwheel pressure

Posts: 66 | Location: ft. bragg | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
be careful with what you say. There are actual chem lights that do take batteries now. Also when I was stationed in Korea we sent a new kid on the quest to get a box of grid squares. The pvt came back with a cut up map......

The ones I liked the most was go check for soft spots in a Bradley's armor by tapping on it with a hammer.

Go check the bradley's shocks by jumping on it to see if it moves.

Or, go get an exaust sample from the vehicle. Send them out with a garbage bag to catch the exaust fumes, sit back and laugh...

Posts: 19 | Location: fort jackson | Registered: 03 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of chapdaddy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the "BOOM" test for a Howitzer. Just have them yell BOOM!!! over and over again into the barrel to make sure its "structurally sound", hilarity ensues.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 11BIN3ID
posted Hide Post
have them check for soft spots on a bradly/humvee's armor...

Posts: 991 | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have heard and used:

Blinker fluid,
Brake fluid,
Muffler bearings,
muffler belts,
Referring to radios: remember the prick-77, well how about a prickee-7 (prick E-7),
we had a former Air Force guy running all over the motorpool one day for squelch oil, the civilians mechanics even sent him all over!!
ID 10 t (idiot) forms is a great one to have them ask a prickee-7 for.

Posts: 20 | Registered: 02 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I had a soldier to find some winterfresh can air to change out the summer air of the M gators tires. He'd drained all the air in one tire and went to the Supply SGT to get some can air. He laughed and walked away. He was so mad when I told him.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 22 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SFC Miller
posted Hide Post
Go to a truck and find the military bearing....or go to the office and find me a ID 10 T form to fill out.

Posts: 182 | Location: Hunter AAF | Registered: 17 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post