ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    Shaving on leave
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shaving on leave
 Login/Join

Picture of ATC Maintenance Man
posted
Fellow Leaders,
I am seeking some input and guidance on this new 670-1. Everywhere on the internet and around my base has the thought that everyone must be clean shaven at all times. I have not been able to find this in the new AR or DA-PAM. The regulation appears to not have change concerning being clean shaven. It still states that "Soldiers will be clean shaven at all times when in uniform or in civilian clothes on duty." This all that the reg goes into about it. Does anyone else out there have any additional information or regulation reference that would put it in black and white? I am not a dirtbag that doesnt like to shave, but when I am on leave my face needs a break from the razor. Any help would be appreciated.

"Only the dead have seen the end of War"-Plato

Posts: 145 | Registered: 18 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ATC Maintenance Man
posted Hide Post
Bump

"Only the dead have seen the end of War"-Plato

Posts: 145 | Registered: 18 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
ATC,

Yes, some of the new criteria in the AR appears to be vague and open to interpretation.

I get stubble on my face when I am off on the weekend and this is what I can possibly say from this.

This AR applies to reservists and NG when they are on active orders. The Guard has their own NGB but does follow regs under ARs. So should those part-time Soldiers be clean shaven for the whole month before next drill?

When I see this in your sentence "civilian clothes on duty". Is that for when we are working in some form of capacity in civilian clothes?

For example, I had to go to work on Saturdays and (I am active duty) was told I was allowed to report in civilian clothes. So that means, when I am performing my duties in that capacity in civilian clothes, then I will be shaved as if I was in uniform.

To this day, I see male Soldiers on leave and on weekend pass with stubble on their faces. Obviously, this does not apply to the special operations community.

I will just simply ask my command on what is their policy for Soldiers on their off-duty/leave time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TheWiseChief,

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
After looking at the shaving section of 670-1, it just states that you will be shaven while in uniform, and in civilan clothes while on duty. so it is up to interpertation.

Posts: 194 | Location: JBLM, WA | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG. T
posted Hide Post
I never shave when I'm on leave, I've been in the Army for 12 years and have yet for someone to approach me while on leave, ask if I'm in the service, and then question me about my facial hair. I don't shave on the weekends either as I agree, a man's face needs a break from the razor. Now when I'm on duty, I'm clean shaven, unless I decide to wear a mustache that week, but I am not one to shave off duty. Besides when I'm off duty and off the installation I like to have some ambiguity about my appearance in regards to the average Joe being able to identify if I am a service member or not; I don't like drawing attention to myself.

Posts: 580 | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheWiseChief:
ATC,

When I see this in your sentence "civilian clothes on duty". Is that for when we are working in some form of capacity in civilian clothes?

For example, I had to go to work on Saturdays and (I am active duty) was told I was allowed to report in civilian clothes. So that means, when I am performing my duties in that capacity in civilian clothes, then I will be shaved as if I was in uniform.

There are some Soldiers that are working in civilian clothes daily (CID, Defense Atache...just to mention a few), so I am guessing the regulation is more specific for those Soldier...and the case you mentioned.

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post