Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CQ/Staff Duty
 Login/Join

posted
I am just curious if it is common practice in the Army to have a soldier, who is on rear detachment due to injuries sustained in combat, to stand cq/staff duty when he has a doctor's appointment to treat those injuries?

Posts: 8 | Registered: 10 June 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I seen it numerous times. The duty is far from manual intensive and if a SM has a medical appointment, he should clear it with the NCO in charge to ensure that he does not have it during the days that it will conflict with it.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The soldier I was talking about suffers from "brain trauma" as a result of IED and an RPG explosions...constant, intense migraines. He had the dr's appt scheduled for tomorrow but was informed today that he had the duty.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Former Military:
The soldier I was talking about suffers from "brain trauma" as a result of IED and an RPG explosions...constant, intense migraines. He had the dr's appt scheduled for tomorrow but was informed today that he had the duty.

And did he bring this up to his leadership?

posted Hide Post
Why is this soldier not in a WTU for treatment?

Posts: 19 | Registered: 08 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
Poor leadership.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Man is a dual PH recipient with combat injuries. Poor leadership? My thoughts as well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trinity45:

Not sure what "WTU" is so can't give you an answer...sorry.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Trinity45:

Not sure what "WTU" is so can't give you an answer...sorry.

Warrior Transition Unit. Where Soldiers with medical concerns/wounded warriors stay at for their treatment

http://www.wtc.army.mil/wtc/locations.html

A Soldier that I served with in Iraq and in my unit received two Purple Hearts during our deployment and remained in theater. He was someone that I always thought as Hard Core.

posted Hide Post
There is a WTU where he is stationed but don't believe he is assigned to it. It's been over 6 mos since he received his injuries and periodically has to have series of injections to his head to counteract the pain.

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is a WTU where he is stationed but don't believe he is assigned to it. It's been over 6 mos since he received his injuries and periodically has to have series of injections to his head to counteract the pain.

I have never heard of injections to the head for pain. You also quoted "brain trauma". Are these things the Soldier is telling you?

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Found out he was in a WTU but is out of it now and in a TBI Unit because of his injuries. What the Soldier is telling me and his Sgt.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Found out he was in a WTU but is out of it now and in a TBI Unit because of his injuries. What the Soldier is telling me and his Sgt.

So, you basically had absolutely no fucking idea what you are talking about, but decided to come on here bitching about it anyway?

Posts: 43 | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Not knowing what I'm talking about? Have given the facts as has been related to me by the soldier in question and his Sgt. Having no "fucking" idea tells me you are here for no other reason than to cause dissension on this site. Sorry, your efforts will never dissuade me from searching for the truth from the men and women, in or out of uniform, who can better advise me. The fact that you chose to attack an effort to better understand the difficulties of of a service member who was seriously injured in a combat scenario, tells me that it is you who needs to seek the advise of those who have been there and can advise you to deal with the obvious bitterness you have with the military and/or your military career. Bottom line, be here to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Former,

Is the Soldier, your child, relative, friend, lover?

Every Soldier is taught to use the chain of command when dealing with matters that need a clear cut resolution; regardless if they did or didn't serve in the combat zone.

More often than not, the SM in question is under competent leadership who will make the proper judgement in his case.

In order to provide accurate advise, it is best to have as much as the facts as possible when posting your query.