New
Find
Notify
Tools

CQ/Staff Duty
 Login/Join

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
Since the Soldier was in a WTU but is now in a TBI Unit, it sounds like having him pull CQ is a way to keep him busy. From a staffing standpoint, if he's not gamefully employed working in the TBI unit, going to therapy or medical appts, he should be able to contribute to tasks required such as CQ.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you Sgt Medic, seems reasonable and sensible. The only thing that confused me is why, when they knew he had a dr. appt. scheduled for the next day, they would give him the duty for that day. Guess we will never really know for sure. Thanks for your comments and advise (along with everyone else), they were greatly appreciated.

Posts: 8 | Registered: 10 June 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
Some are unable to think around simple things like a Soldier having a medical appointment. It means they have to adjust the DA-6 for CQ or type in someone elses name. That's a lot of work for some. Smiler

He also could find someone to cover for him during his appointment. It's like when I go to the PX and ask the shoe dept if they have my size in a pair of running shoes. "Uh, if it's not out on the floor we don't have any more". Then what the F is that wall of shoe boxes doing behind the employee only door? Translation, some people are just lazy.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post