ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    PT Test for Promotion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PT Test for Promotion
 Login/Join

posted
I have a troop that is trying to make cutoff for E5. He is currently on a P2 profile he only does the Sit Ups and 2.5mile walk for the PT Test. My question is how do they come up with the score for promotion points? I was told that you can do two events that they take the score of the average of the two. Since he only does one scored event how will that work? If possible could someone point me in the right direction to find the answer?

Posts: 8 | Registered: 26 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I believe he will get just 60 points for whatever event he cannot conduct. I will find the reg.

To calculate the APFT score, AR 600-8-19, Par 3-42 states:

(1) Permanent Profiles.

(a) Those Soldiers with permanent physical profiles for the sit-up and/or push-up events will be granted 60 points for each event waived and use the actual score for each evet taken and must qualify on the 2-mile run or approved alternate test according to FM 21-20.

(b) Effective 1 April 1995, Soldiers taking an alternate event for the 2-mile run and receiving a passing score receive a score for that event equal to the average of the scores for the other two events.

So he will only be give 60 points for the pushups and the average of his push up and situp score for his walk.

Whatever that score equates to will be converted into his points using the appropriate chart.

Posts: 24 | Registered: 04 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So then they will take the 60 and whatever score he receives on the sit up and average it out for the score on the walk correct?

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
Youre saying your Soldier has a Temporary profile, correct?

The 60 point minimum score only applies to permanent profiles.

(2) Temporary profiles.
(a) Soldiers with a temporary profile that prohibits taking one or more events of the APFT will use their current
APFT score provided it is not more than 1 year old at the time of the promotion point computation and the Soldier was
not afforded the opportunity to take an APFT or an authorized alternate test.
(b) If the Soldier was afforded the opportunity and failed, or through his or her own negligence (as determined by
the unit CDR) failed to take the test, the Soldier will lose the APFT points.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Soldier60:
Youre saying your Soldier has a Temporary profile, correct?

The 60 point minimum score only applies to permanent profiles.

(2) Temporary profiles.
(a) Soldiers with a temporary profile that prohibits taking one or more events of the APFT will use their current
APFT score provided it is not more than 1 year old at the time of the promotion point computation and the Soldier was
not afforded the opportunity to take an APFT or an authorized alternate test.
(b) If the Soldier was afforded the opportunity and failed, or through his or her own negligence (as determined by
the unit CDR) failed to take the test, the Soldier will lose the APFT points.

He has a permanent profile.

posted Hide Post
sm can't take a record pt test on temporary profile only diagnostic. sm will be aloud to take record pt test after recovery time has ended.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 23 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post