ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    Second Serving/Greater portion size in DFAC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second Serving/Greater portion size in DFAC
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, this is my first time posting to this site. My question is regarding if single soldier meal card holders are authorized a second serving of food while eating in the dining facility or if they are allowed to receive a larger portion size that is being given. The dining facilities here on post give very small portions or food and when ever I hear a soldier (or myself) ask for a larger serving they/I am always denied. This issue has been brought all the way up to our battalion commander at the time when people had taken pictures of their portion sizes and shown him. He had stated that is was outrageous this was happening and there is no reason why a soldier or a paying customer shouldn't be allowed more food. After bringing it to his attention the portion sizes became larger for about a month or so until he left and then began going down hill from there. So I have been searching everywhere for something in writing to bring to their attention when the refuse. It seems and I have always noticed whenever a civilian, higher ranking NCO or any ranking officer comes through they will receive more food but also whatever they request with not a single rebuttal from the servers and the lower enlisted soldier right behind them or a few after they are out of sight will be turned down on the request. I was looking in Army Regulation 30–22 (Army food program) and couldn't find an answer. If someone could please help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
Check out AR 40-25 Nutrition Standards and Education. Table 2-1 shows the recommended nutrition intake.

If your DFAC is meeting the requirements then extra food is basically just deemed as wasteful and leading to overweight Soldiers.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post