ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    Corrective action
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corrective action
 Login/Join

posted
If my Soldier has leave approved by the commander, can I pull it as a corrective action for his 2nd time being late to morning formation? I can't find anything saying I can or can't.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 March 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Are you the TL or SL? Have you talked about it with your supervisor?

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The only person who can approve or disapprove leave is the commander. You are of course able to talk to the commander about the situation but it's ultimately up to him. The other thing to remember (and one of the JAG guys in here can correct me if I am wrong please) but pretty sure that since leave is an entitlement (and not a privilege) that there needs to be an actual reason (exercise, deployment, etc.) much more then just that he was late (especially if this was only his 2nd time). There are much better ways to correct something then trying to pull leave. Have you actually even counseled him?

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well they can flag him with an article 15 then pull the leave.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT Smitty:

That is true, but like I said, after the second time late....not likely

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGT Smitty:

This is a possibility, but if a soldier has approved leave, they'll likely adjust the reading of the Art 15 so they soldier can take leave.

Let me just say that trying to pull a soldier's leave for the second time being late is a dick move. If one of my NCOs walked into my office and suggested it, it would make me question their leadership abilities.

Posts: 404 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
You need to try to fix the problem first. Why has the Soldier been late. Have you already counseled him and tried to fix the issues?

Fighting to pull the Soldiers leave and stop him from seeing his family and getting time to relax sounds like it would be counter productive.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Public_Health_Huh?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dogloop28:
If my Soldier has leave approved by the commander, can I pull it as a corrective action for his 2nd time being late to morning formation? I can't find anything saying I can or can't.

Yeah...uh...no. JAG would laugh in your face. Literally.

Posts: 200 | Location: Presidio of Monterey, California | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SSG. T
posted Hide Post
Sounds like somebody just pinned on some stripes and is walking on water suddenly, smh. Granted the Soldier was late, twice, but seriously pulling the guys leave??? Who does that?

Posts: 580 | Registered: 29 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you tried to pull a soldiers leave for being late to a formation twice, I would recommend the soldier talk to the 1SG or go to IG. Toxic Leadership is what this sounds like.

Posts: 3 | Registered: 03 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
Reference the event last month at Ft. Hood and the perceived leave issue the Soldier had.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post