ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    Extensions/ Reenlistments?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extensions/ Reenlistments?
 Login/Join

Picture of OR11B
posted
I need some advice from someone who is a retention nco. I'm a an newly promoted 11B E5 stationed in alaska. I signed for four years when i came in the Army. I am unable to reenlist until after my Deros date. I plan on staying in the army, however would prefer to get out of Alaska on time. My eligibility date for reenlistment is December of next year my Deros/PCS date is supposed to be in October of the same year. Branch does not want to let me leave without reenlisting. Is it possible for me to reenlist early or extend to get out of here on time? My retention nco has been 0 help and neither has branch.

Posts: 2 | Location: FWA, AK | Registered: 23 November 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
PM me your e-mail and I give you the name to our BN retention NCO.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
Why you are not able to reenlist until after your DEROS? You can't PCS unless you have enough time left, so you HAVE to reenlist or to extend (if you want to PCS)...but if you are in the reenlistment window you don't have the option to extend. If you are not in the window all you can do is to extend...you can do the minimum amount of time that you need to PCS, and after that wait for your next window and reenlist. So I don't understand the problem!
And forget about the retention NCO, that is an additional duty so majority of them have no clue of what needs to be done. Go talk with your BN carrier counselor (that is a full time job).

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of OR11B
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cristama, much appreciated

Posts: 2 | Location: FWA, AK | Registered: 23 November 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Cris,

Thanks for clarifying career counselor and retention NCO because I meant the former as well. The guy with the CC badge on his uniform. Smiler

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
No problem Chief, I know what you meant...I just wanted to make sure the OP knows, Smiler

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post