ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    Preparation H?!
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Preparation H?!
 Login/Join

Picture of Sivy2009
posted
Curious to know if anyone out there has ever heard of using preparation H prior to a tape test.

Alright, the story.
Coming up on a PT/weight test. We did a tape test on me last week and I was RIGHT at 21 percent body fat. One of the E-6s suggested that I not eat supper tonight (whoops lol) or breakfast tomorrow. Alright, understandable but he also told me that I could put some preparation H on my stomach then put cling wrap over it and let it sit over night.

I've heard a lot of things to get around the tape test but this one tops 'em. When I was joining the Navy my recruiter told me to go to the hotel bathroom and turn on the hot water (for the steam) and lean up against the wall only using my head as support and stay there as long as possible to make my neck swell up. (that one works lol). Not really THAT worried about it since I ETS in about 30 days. Anyway, just curious if anyone has heard of this....or knows if it is even safe since I wasn't exactly on my "best behavior" this weekend as far as diet is concerned. LoL

"Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Posts: 447 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 10 December 2007Report This Post

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
Yes it works. My room mate when I was reclassing at 97E10 course did it to pass his tape. You put prep H and saran wrap all around your mid section. I don't really know the specifics because I don't really condone trying to cheat the test.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Report This Post

Picture of Sivy2009
posted Hide Post
LoL I'm not really trying to "cheat" the test....well alright, maybe I am but hey, what is worse? Cheating the test or putting up with their crap for a month until my ETS.

I don't even see why I'm taking the damn thing to start off with, my Phase 2 ETS physical is next week so what's the point? But hey, it's the Army, I'm still gettin' paid right? LoL

Picture of 35 Series
posted Hide Post
I'm not judging you, it's just my personal thing.

"an Army Linguist" - Resources and more about being an Army linguist

Posts: 2327 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 30 October 2005Report This Post

Picture of Sivy2009
posted Hide Post
I wasn't taking it that way. THanks for the advice. Much appreciated. I'm sure I will be back on here tomorrow to give the "results". LoL

Picture of Dreamstalker
posted Hide Post
Yes preperation H works. It cause the skin to contract which in turn will cause you to lose a little bit around the area you used it on.

Posts: 330 | Location: Ft Campbell  | Registered: 11 October 2004Report This Post

Picture of Sivy2009
posted Hide Post
The body fluctuates so much just based off what time of day it is it's hard to tell if it actually worked. I was a half inch smaller today than Friday afternoon. It could have been the 2 mile run that I did right before the tape test too....who knows.

I did a little research today and found out that only the Canadian version of the Prep H has the "old" chemical, Bio-Dyne(LYCD-Live Yeast Cell Derivativein) that people were using for skin tightening. Women were using it for bags under the eyes. FDA caught wind of this and threatened an investigation saying that the drug was being sold for uses other than labeling. So instead of an investigation Prep H just took the chemical out.

Prep H's active ingredient is a vasoconstrictor now. Which causes blood vessels (mainly large arteries, arterioles and veins) to shrink. So while the shrinking effect might still happen from this, it is likely to be very minimal, and your stomach will be more likely to loose color due to the lack of blood to the skin. Not to mention that a lack of blood flow to the abdominal area might hurt your sit-up event. My advice would be not to use it.

A use that many probably don't think of is the use on a freshly implanted tattoo. It draws out less ink than petroleum jelly, helps with the bleeding by constricting blood vessels and gives you that same nice soothing sensation that some people might be familiar with on another unspecified part of the body. LoL

And that's the "Everything you didn't wanna know about Prep H" history lesson for the day. No butt's about it. Pun inteneded LoL. Kinda answered my own question didn't I?

Picture of Sivy2009
posted Hide Post
Oh, forgot to mention if you are in Canada don't use Prep H for tattoos, it has yeast in it. LoL NOT a good thing.

posted Hide Post
I have heard from a lot of people it works.
Does any one know how many inches it will take off
just curious.

posted Hide Post
It dose work I know a few guys that have used it. I figured the smell would give it away, but then again ive never been around the stuff.

Picture of 68WWife/92FSoldier
posted Hide Post
Personally, I couldn't see myself doing it. I've had two kids and got lazy for a few years so now i'm doing everything I can to get that pre-mommy shapely body back, but i won't go that far. Insanity I say.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Advice... Go upstairs, grab your big girl panties, and put them on....

Posts: 287 | Location: Fort Campbell, KY | Registered: 15 February 2008Report This Post

Picture of 68Minrear-d
posted Hide Post
Ive done this one time and it actually took about 1 1/2 inches off.

url=http://www.myarmedforces.com] [/url]

Posts: 12 | Location: FT BRAGG | Registered: 19 June 2008Report This Post

Picture of Sivy2009
posted Hide Post
I guess everyone just ignored my big long post with all that research LoL. It is unlikely to take anymore than a half inch off. If you want to see more results go to a spa and get a body wrap. They actually tighten your skin and you can FEEL it work. This costs from 80-150 bucks though. It was only recently that the FDA made Prep H take out the Bio-Dyne. So if you did this a while back ago it is a different product now.

If you are desperate to get the Canadian version you can buy it on the internet for around 15-20 bucks a tube. Your choice, you money. Waste it if you want. Plenty of other little completely UN-healthy things you could buy to loose some inches a long with it. Try water pills and ex-lax. If you are really desperate just go eat all the sushi and raw beef you can and ya might be able to catch tapeworm. LoL I guarantee that you will loose the weight then.

Oh and Whiskey, if you buy the cheap Wal-Mart brand it doesn't stink. I bought 4 tubes last night not knowing how much it would take, shoulda seen the look on their faces. Haha at least if I get a hemorrhoid I will be prepared.

Picture of Gameness2
posted Hide Post
I googled "Preparation H" and found several articles about the active ingredient being phenylephrine, a vasoconstrictor, and how it is the new "Club Drug" for guys that want to look leaner. So it would seem that there is some validity to the claim.

Guess we need to send this one to "Mythbusters".

Posts: 110 | Location: Ft Bragg | Registered: 27 July 2007Report This Post

Picture of CCMSG
posted Hide Post
Preparation H will work in the way you mentioned; however, I just can't get past the fact you have a cute little salutation at the end of each of your posts that states:
"Rank is what you wear, Respect is what you earn."

Wow--what a great way to earn respect from others--rub hemorrhoid cream all over your mid-section in hopes of cheating the standards instead of simply complying with established Army standards.

Posts: 140 | Location: Fort Sill (FORSCOM) | Registered: 08 January 2008Report This Post