ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  NCO Business  Hop To Forums  General NCO Discussion    things a 1SG says
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

things a 1SG says
 Login/Join

posted
what can i do if my 1sg keeps telling me "he wont piss on me if i was on fire." he has said this to several people. He continues to give people that are in the MEB process a hard time, threating them with ART 15s and just being an over all horrible human being. any help would be appreciated.

when the rich wage war, its the poor that die

Posts: 19 | Location: fort hood 227th ARB | Registered: 23 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Don't let it faze you and respond with "Hooah!"

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Illernoise
posted Hide Post
Don't get caught on fire.

Posts: 660 | Location: Ft. Drum | Registered: 16 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of 98C40_35N40
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't get caught on fire.

+1

NCO's Lead The Way!

SFC Nick Martinez
B Co, 3rd MI BN (AE)
Camp Humphreys, KOR

“I am the punishment of God... If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” ― Genghis Khan

Posts: 273 | Location: HQ J2, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, NE | Registered: 20 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sounds like he is acting like a 1SG. Nothing you mentioned sounds worthy of intervention.

I've always understood that being a horrible human being was an evaluated task at 1SG school.

My advice: Soldier properly and avoid unnecessary contact.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of FIFTYCRUSHPLAN
posted Hide Post
Thats just funny 1SG lingo lol. The other day our 1SG was talking about being in the right place in the right time using all kinds of funny acronyms calling us limp dicks and everything. I dont feel love if I dont hear that stuff from 1SG!

Get Some!

Posts: 562 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 25 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
I had a 1SG who made remarks like that about everyone, but that was just his way of talking, our new 1SG is the complete opposite....if it truly bothers you, address it with him, if it does not fix it, bring it higher...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Warcrimes:
Sounds like he is acting like a 1SG. Nothing you mentioned sounds worthy of intervention.

I've always understood that being a horrible human being was an evaluated task at 1SG school.

My advice: Soldier properly and avoid unnecessary contact.

Ahhahaha!!

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FIFTYCRUSHPLAN:
Thats just funny 1SG lingo lol. The other day our 1SG was talking about being in the right place in the right time using all kinds of funny acronyms calling us limp dicks and everything. I dont feel love if I dont hear that stuff from 1SG!

obviously this is an SHARP complaint because in formation at least 1 person has a stubby. :0)

Posts: 625 | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
While I'm not advocating a "run and cry" attitude, if the 1SG is truly being un-reasonable, you should bring it up to the chain of command or to your NCO Support Channel.

1SG's are, by nature, the "bad guy" but, in 15 years I've never had one belittle me or any specific group of people more than a few times. If this is a recurring problem, push it up the chain and let your leadership know there is a problem.

If it's not that serious, obviously, just Soldier up and run with it....but if it is an issue, it needs to be addressed.

D. Foster
SSG, USA

Posts: 7 | Registered: 26 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
9 years ago I was told "push until you die Private"

I am still alive and alot stronger.

-Thick skin saves lives

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
very true
quote:
Originally posted by TransAm95NCO:
I had a 1SG who made remarks like that about everyone, but that was just his way of talking, our new 1SG is the complete opposite....if it truly bothers you, address it with him, if it does not fix it, bring it higher...

Posts: 7 | Registered: 23 July 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post