ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  OCONUS Assignments    assignment satisfaction key help.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

assignment satisfaction key help.
 Login/Join

posted
hi. my husband is 92f and in fort drum for 2years now. his ETS date was apr 2015. so he reenlisted for 3 more year. couldnt get no reenlisted option due to overstrength mos.
we are trying to PCS to south korea.
he checked his "ASK: and found 3 requistions.
2 of them were to korea. and one of them was fort bliss.
so he selected korea. and it shown him a "Soldier Assignment Information".
it said

6m 2014 05a93
2/2 AVN REpl Inbound

SO, he called branch manager. and he said he dont see nothing and there is nothing he can help my husband out. and this morning he got email from branch said " call me asap. SGT."
so he called him back .
and he is saying : there is no order for anyone right now because of budget. and he said ASK is pool. sometimes, it works, but most of time, it doesnt. he said there is nothing he can't help us out on online.

is there any othe route we can get order to korea since branch manager arent gonna be helpful for us?

thanks for ur time..

Posts: 5 | Registered: 29 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
Simple answer, No.

Your husband went about it the right way.

You dont get to just move because you want to.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So we shouldnt even count on ask assignment information?

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
ASK are just suggestions that are listed for branch managers. It has no impact whatsoever. You just have to be patient.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
If the branch manager can't/doesn't want to help you, is not much you can do...unless you have some General's phone number on your speed dial, lol.

About the "no order for anyone", i am not sure about that...i am on orders right now, set to PCS in March...so, my guess is the branch manager doesn't want to put your husband on orders. He does have a good reason thou, your husband has to have 36 months on station before PCS to the next one...unless there is an assigment that is short handed, then that Command/Branch will waive the time on station. That doesn't happened very often, only with a few MOS and i doubt 92F is short handed on any assigment.

My advise is to keep trying the ASK and volunteer for whatever shows available there, and hope that one day it might happen.

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have used requisitions before and it worked for me, however you just have to keep looking every day. This one didn't work but keep looking and one may work in the future.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 28 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
we got call from branch manager this morning. he said he is gonna put him on an order. 15 minutes later he called again said my unit is set on deployment 2015. so he cant put me on order. FML.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: petrousky84,

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
The unit is about to deploy in 10 days...you should have known that is no way you will get put on orders...but you might want to talk with the branch manager to put you on orders right after deployment.

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
No. Mu unit deployment date is set up 03/2015
A year later. And I dont know why I cant get assignment. .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: petrousky84,

Picture of Soldier60
posted Hide Post
You really don't need to be posting deployment dates on this forum.

Posts: 145 | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
+1 to Soldier60. Also, with the war ending in Afghanistan this year; that is either an Africom or Korea deployment.

Petro, please edit your post.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post