ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  OCONUS Assignments    Question about pay in Kuwait
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about pay in Kuwait
 Login/Join

posted
I'm currently waiting on my PCS orders to go to Kuwait, and I've been getting a lot of mixed stories concerning tax free pay. I understand that combat and hazardous duty pay is out of the picture seeing as the Iraq campaign is over. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 1 | Location: Ft. Campbell | Registered: 04 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Im currently in Kuwait pcsed here in Jan....you will get the following entitlements HDP
HFP/IDP, COLA, FSH and Tax free... Some of the entitlements are also prorated ....As for BAS if you are in the ranks or SSG and below your BAS will be deducted from you automatically...SFC and above is supposed to pay out of pocket for meal, however, there is 1 DFAC that is completely free to everyone, so guess what, they don have to pay jack if they eat there. Do you know what unit you will be assigned to?

Posts: 59 | Registered: 19 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
*I* think they still do hazardous duty and combat pay in Kuwait to make sure people can't just go live off-post.. Wink

-Don't waste a year there! It can be easy to just do nothing. Take some college, learn an instrument, there's lots of good USO/MWR, etc...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am currently assigned to the 160th, I PCSed to Kuwait and stayed in Arifjan for maybe 24 hours before I was routed to Qatar (the gem of the middle east), then TCSd to Afghanistan. So just because you see Kuwait doesn't mean you will be staying there. I am assuming you are going to the 160th though. I have a friend that went over with me and as far as I am aware he is not drawing HDP but is getting tax free pay. The duty in Afghanistan isn't bad if you get out here, but if you can get to Qatar you will be much happier. Nothing like a tour where you can enjoy up to three drinks a day. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions.

-D

Posts: 1 | Location: Trashcanistan | Registered: 24 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I was wondering if anyone could elaborate on the pay entitlements for a PCS harship tour in Kuwait for FY15. Does personnel on a PCS hardship receive COLA, etc?

Posts: 6 | Registered: 03 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post