ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  OCONUS Assignments    Korea, DCSS, Indef, ReUp?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Korea, DCSS, Indef, ReUp?
 Login/Join

posted
Just a little baffled...

My current ets date is May2015.

I was planning on reenlisting after summer.

But...

I got orders for Korea with a report date August 2014. I dont have orders in my hand yet.

I really dont wanna go there...

Id rather stay at my unit and deploy with them.

My next reenlistment will take me to 20 yrs..

I'VE been to Korea, Kuwait, Iraq, and Afghanistan...

What should I do?

Hold out and not sign anything and see what happens?

I would like to get the orders deleted..somehow....

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately wanting to deploy won't suffice for not going to korea. My advice is do the year in korea, make the best of it.

Posts: 392 | Registered: 17 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That doesn't sound doctrinal to me but thank you. At some point, Soldiers have to stop getting assignments especially when they are close to retirement.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 06 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ghost0001
posted Hide Post
I feel ya there slcgrad216. I am on assignment to Korea as well. I have a little over two years left on this contract and have to make SSG in order to reenlist for indef. This couldn't come at a worse time of my career. I am trying to spend time with my children while they are still in Texas before my exwife moves this summer. Also, my best friend and future wife is moving down from Wisconsin to be with me. I would like to stay at Fort Hood, but alas, I feel I am stuck with my current assignment.

Posts: 7 | Location: FT. Hood, TX | Registered: 15 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
To give you better more accurate advice we would need to know more specifics IE rank, TIS, projected deployment date of your unit. Give us some more details and you may have options

Posts: 14 | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of MSG W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slcgrad216:
That doesn't sound doctrinal to me but thank you. At some point, Soldiers have to stop getting assignments especially when they are close to retirement.

You aren't too close to retirement if you are still able to re-enlist.

It might be true if you had an approved retirement date. Starting about 2 years ago, they started putting tons of people on assignment that were closing in on the 18 year mark. I had two different MSG in my unit that came down on orders for Korea and another one that came down on PCS orders right before he hit 19 years.

Posts: 403 | Location: Ft. Lewis, WA | Registered: 30 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post