ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  OCONUS Assignments    PCSing OCONUS (Hawaii) with TDY En Route to TX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PCSing OCONUS (Hawaii) with TDY En Route to TX
 Login/Join

posted
Needing advice- its my first time PCSing OCONUS w/ TDY En Route

I am currently stationed at Fort Lewis, and I am PCSing to Hawaii on DEC but will be TDY En Route first to Texas from SEP to NOV.

Would the Army allow me to drive my POV to Texas (from Washington State) and ship it from there to Hawaii after my TDY?

If I am allowed to drive from WA to TX, how many travel days do I get without being charged regular leave?

Household goods- what is the process for shipping household goods with this type of PCS? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1 | Location: Fort Lewis | Registered: 15 June 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
All your questions should be answered on your orders. Have you received them yet?

This is the URL to ship your vehicle and you have to check which VPC will be closest to your post in Texas.

http://www.pcsmypov.com/

I do not see an issue with it. I have dropped off my car the same day that I flew overseas. I did this when I went to Germany and doing the same for Korea.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Sergeant Medic
posted Hide Post
Just read an article in the Army Times about a Navy LtCDR that saved $13,000 on a PCS and bought a motorhome. Totally worked the system but didn't break any laws or regs.

Posts: 131 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: 25 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I almost did exactly this, and glad I didn't, the perfect storm won't work with OCONUS as they don't ship motorhomes overseas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Corvette1140,

Posts: 2621 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post