ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  OCONUS Assignments    Germany to Okinawa Command Sponsorship
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Germany to Okinawa Command Sponsorship
 Login/Join

posted
I am currently stationed in Germany with my wife and new born son. We are not currently command sponsored due to that extending my time in Germany. I have reenlisted to go to Okinawa. The problem I am having is that MPD is informing me that I have to wait until I arrive to Japan to be able to submit for command sponsorship there, that I can not submit it while in Germany because it would extend me out in Europe. So that means I would have to leave my wife and newborn here in Germany until that gets processed. My question is is there a way around this or a loop hole or is the information they are giving me incorrect? I do not want to leave my wife to deal with traveling with a newborn by herself and also deal with HHG and getting everything shipped. We currently have a letter of exemption to authorize me off post housing since we are not command sponsored for those who were wondering how.

Posts: 1 | Location: afghanistan | Registered: 22 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
Is your wife German? You can fly your dependents on your own dime but you will lose money. If she is German, I don't see why she can't stay back with family for about a month. You can always pay for a round trip to fly back with her.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post