ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  PCS / Assignment Locations  Hop To Forums  OCONUS Assignments    ON ASSIGNMENT TO CAMP COINER, KOREA
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ON ASSIGNMENT TO CAMP COINER, KOREA
 Login/Join

posted
I WAS WONDERING IG ANYONE COULD HELP ME. I REENLISTED FOR KOREA AND I GOT CAMP COINER. I WAS TOLD THAT IS WHERE INPROCESSING IS BUT THEN I WAS TOLD BY SOMEONE THAT I STATIONED AT CAMP HUMPREYS THAT I WILL BE IN A GOOD AREA BECAUSE HIS ORDERS SAID CAMP HUMPREYS AND THAT IS WHERE HE INPROCESSED AT. I DONT HAVE A PINPOINT UNIT. IS THERE A WAY THAT DA CAN PINPOINT ME EVEN THOUHG I REENLISTED FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT. ANY INFORMATION IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

JESSICA O JENKINS

Posts: 1 | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Cp Coiner is co-located in Seoul with Yongsan Garrison. You'll do five working days of in-processing there. You get your pinpoint assignment there, as well, based on the needs of 8th US Army (EUSA). Camp Humphreys is one of the larger posts in Korea, so it's a good chance you will go there. Especially so if you're a support MOS.

If you don't have pinpoint orders already, you most likely won't get them until day two or so of in-processing at 1st Replacement in Yongsan. Even with pinpoint orders, you can be redirected in Yongsan to somewhere else.

Posts: 8 | Location: Korea | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT(P) Supply
posted Hide Post
I might be coming to KOREA also, I got my info back from MEPS and they only offered me two different spots. Thats Korea and ft. stewart. So I'm thinking of taking Korea. Let me know how it is.

SGT(P) Cainion, Anthony
SGT, USA
Supply Sergeant

Posts: 157 | Registered: 18 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
You do inprocessing at Camp Coiner, IF you do not end up in 2ID you will continue inprocessing there and you will get your assignment there...if you get selected to go to 2ID then the first inprocessing day, you will get sent to another room, go to Camp Stanley to inprocess the Division then go to wherever you get sent to (which could be Camp Humphreys)...just b/c you are support does not mean you have more chance of ending up in the Hump...I am support and I was up north in 2ID land...even if you have pin-point assignment if you end up going to 2ID...you will go where your orders say (the ones that you receive at the reception in Stanley, not your pinpoint)...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3915 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of PAW Beth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGTLearning:
I might be coming to KOREA also, I got my info back from MEPS and they only offered me two different spots. Thats Korea and ft. stewart. So I'm thinking of taking Korea. Let me know how it is.

Fort Stewart is where we wanted to go. I know that it was an awesome place to be stationed. Hubby is in Yongsan right now and he loves it. The shopping is great and there is a lot to do since it is in Seoul. The housing for NCO's is eh.

Are you married or single? The married housing can be gross. But some off post is nice as long as it is new.

Posts: 16 | Location: Yongsan-gu Seoul South Korea | Registered: 23 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post