ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Signal    Need advice on setting up an S6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need advice on setting up an S6
 Login/Join

posted
As the title suggests I am seeking advice on setting up an S6 shop from the ground up, but first I would like to provide some background information to make things clear.

I am a SSG who was recently discharged from 6 years of active duty service in the Infantry and reenlisted in the reserves as a 25B. I'm assigned to a Civil Affairs BN in California that is standing up, thus commodity shops have been cobbled together piece by piece. The S6 shop consists of myself, an LT, three 25Bs, one 25U and a 74D (they had nowhere else to put him). The guys I have under me have had some experience working in S6 shops with other units, whereas the LT and myself have had no formal training. We're slotted for BOLC and AIT, respectively, in May of next year so I'm not trying to wait until AIT to do the right thing now. Our equipment consists of some SINCGARS, OE 254s, MBITRs, and SATCOMS.

I would just like to know if anyone reading this has had any similar experiences, or any advice they can offer with this type of situation. I feel like these guys deserve some better direction as they've been playing musical chairs with S6 NCO's before I got there and the section already has a bad reputation because of it. Also, the perception around the BN is that the section doesn't do anything to begin with since we don't have an office and the company's don't really train with Coms. Coming out of the Infantry, I have a very vague understanding of S6 operations, especially in a Civil Affairs BN, so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

PS

If there's any Signal personnel in the Southern California area that would like to help me out in person, it would be greatly appreciated as well.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 02 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post