ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Signal    Help with Signal Mission
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Signal Mission
 Login/Join

posted
Alcon,

a little help would be appreciated. I am newly appointed team chief in a Natty Guard MP unit.

I was tasked by the xo to have comms for toc operations... this is proving to be hard, since my section has a lot of shortages, and they will not be filled anytime soon.

i need to speak with platoons located 4 miles away IN HEAVILY WOODED AREAS. this is all the equipment i have:

1 - OE254
Sincgars C/F models
PRC152's
4 TACSAT man packs... no vehicle mounts or antenna

I have no benchmounts and amplifiers for a desk but i have them for a vehicle.

the platoons have oe-254's and plgrs

we conduct our drills as platoons. so every1 is seperated. HQ is at the TOC and the platoons are seperated up to 5 miles. I can never get comms working and am starting to get frustrated.

i had the platoons set up their oe254s and connect it to their vehicle amplifiers and i can receive but cant xmit to them.

every time if fall im training my PLF

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I will contact a signal company near your unit in your state for resources and assistance. Are you guys using a blue force tracker system that has a TOC kit and the Humvees have?

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
we have the BFT/MTS systems with toc kits, but we never use them, we were recently fielded new Humvees and the workorders to install the MTS systems are waiting

every time if fall im training my PLF

Posts: 2 | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post