ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Signal    Nodal Network Simulator WIN-T Inc 1 (25N,F,Q,S,B,U)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nodal Network Simulator WIN-T Inc 1 (25N,F,Q,S,B,U)
 Login/Join

posted
The Nodal Network Simulator for WIN-T Inc 1 has been released and is posted on LANDWARNET.See link below. Recommend 25N, 25F, 25Q, 25S, 25B, 25U check it out. It gives a good level of configuration and equipment setup for all WIN-T Inc 1 assemblages. Can be a great training aid for unit training.

https://lwn.army.mil/downloads...library/view/1145955

Posts: 27 | Location: Fort Gordon, GA | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention that the software had major revisions for those that have used the prior versions of the NNS. The system loads have been greatly reduced and performance is much smoother.

Posts: 27 | Location: Fort Gordon, GA | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks for posting!

Too big to download at work, I have fast webz at home so I'll check it out this weekend...

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TheWiseChief
posted Hide Post
I have to bookmark this thread. But I have not been exposed to this all my time working in Signal.

Posts: 1902 | Registered: 04 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Chiefs,

The NNS is a great asset to develop Soldiers skills on the general configuration and will allow them to see a larger portion of the network, hopefully giving them a better understanding of where they fit in the big picture. When operating as an Exercise Controller you can monitor the network and over the shoulder on Soldiers as they configure equipment and give them guidance.

The software works well on a basic LAN, or in a stand alone capacity. There can be issues with firewalls when using the LAN.

posted Hide Post
That is some top-notch information. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 35 | Registered: 03 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Took a few tries to download the big zip file, (my home internet is apparently 5x faster in the morning time than evening..) Then win7 didn't want to unzip it, had to use winzip.

The JNNs I saw in exercise 1 are v5 and v6, I'll play around with the STT and CPN later..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of mulkeyowns
posted Hide Post
It's a shame, the 3 years I've been in the Army including a deployment the only part of my job I've done is fixing other people's mistakes and errors. Actually in any given week I only do about 2-3 minutes of my actual job, if that. (25U)

Hence why I'm re-classing.

Posts: 54 | Location: Fort Drum | Registered: 28 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post