ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Signal    Question about 25P CONUS Assignments
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about 25P CONUS Assignments
 Login/Join

Picture of Jroc021
posted
I am stationed OCONUS and my DEROS is in DEC. I called my Assignment Manager yesterday to find out what was available for me. Much to my dismay I was told, 'there are no CONUS assignments that coincide with your DEROS'. My question, How is this possible? What am I supposed to do, stay here until an assignment 'opens up'? I am really confused on how this can happen. Can't the big Army manage their personnel any better than this? Since 2002, when my tour here is complete, I will have served 8+ years OCONUS. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

SSG S

Posts: 75 | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wiseman
posted Hide Post
I'm a 25P and was overseas in Kuwait/Qatar it was a little dificult to get my asignment back to the CONUS, I got Fort Hood.I do know that when I did get my choices Fort Hood, Fort Huachuca, And Fort Detrick were my choices. I know Fort Gordon does tend to come up with slots, but 99% of the slots there are NCO's. I can tell you if you have a HAAP don't bank on getting it honored. And don't let them push you to Korea if your not already there. I was in Kuwait with a few P's and branch tried giving them Korea telling them there was no CONUS Slots.

Posts: 24 | Location: Fort Hood | Registered: 16 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wiseman
posted Hide Post
Also about your post I also noticed your DEROS in DEC. It might be a little early yet to start pounding Branch with you assignment. I know they started looking for mine about 90 days out of my DEROS

Posts: 24 | Location: Fort Hood | Registered: 16 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wiseman:
I can tell you if you have a HAAP don't bank on getting it honored.

+1, they didn't care about mine. I hadn't changed rank or anything and they said they didn't have slots for me at Ft Lewis. Made a list of 8 places I'd like to go, got the last on the list. Gordon. Frowner

Agree about the 90days as well..

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
Yeah I am not going to bug her anymore. I do have a Curtailment submitted, if that gets approved I will be within 90 days, so I will contact her then. Thanks for the info.

SSG S

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
Another thing. I did a short tour then reclassed then came to Belgium for a long tour. I have a little less that 4 yrs left in the Army, would like to do that time in the States. We'll see what happens though.

SSG S

posted Hide Post
When I left Korea I was under 30 days from DEROS before I got an assignment. So Good Luck

Posts: 26 | Registered: 04 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post