ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Signal    25F to 25N MOS transition
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25F to 25N MOS transition
 Login/Join

posted
So we had our Brigade S6 come brief us that 25F's are going to have there MOS's changed to 25Ns. However, from my understanding, a majority of the 25F's belong to the Air Defense Artillery in Patriot units. The Patriot units require 25F's per MTOE. Has anyone heard or seen any documentation/milper messages on the MOS change since the last milper message release in 2008?

Posts: 11 | Location: Waegwan, Korea | Registered: 21 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
It's talked about in this months' signal magazine, called the "Army Communicator". Should be available on AKO or Fort Gordon's website somewheres.

Also says 25P will be merged with 25S, and the specialized Officer Branches (24 and 53) will be merged into 26A.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I havent been able to find the newest edition of "Army Communicator". The latest I have found is the Winter 2010 edition and I got that from the Army Signal website. Any other suggestions on where to look?

Posts: 11 | Location: Waegwan, Korea | Registered: 21 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
There's still not a whole lot of specifics, and I had to search quite a bit (stupid AKO search doesn't work well at all...)

http://www.signal.army.mil/Arm.../AC2011Vol36No3.aspx

Look at the "Signal Related MOS Structure Changes" article.

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Oh ok got it. Thank you for the link. Like you said no specifics and the Branch really hasnt said anything about it other than what is put out on rumorville. All we get is that we should "reclass" and find other career paths. Im tired of people putting out information with no paperwork backing it up. That is how the Army works in the first place. For now, I am just telling my Soldiers to ignore the information and worry about college, correspondance, and becoming better soldiers.

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
That's all you can do-

look out for promotion rates over time, too. You'll see an MOS have low points for a long time but then lots of people will also see it and reclass into it, driving the points up.

Picture of Full Metal Elf
posted Hide Post
With the system jacked up the way it is currently, 25F and 25P's should all reclass if they want to make a career out of the Army.

Posts: 49 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This happened to 25F's in 2007. Points were maxed and they were talking about the merge. They reclassed 25F's to prepare for the merge. Then they realzied they needed them and dropped points to nothing, making it a star MOS. This was 4-5 years ago.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 26 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There has been an MOS Change action approved by DA and the MOS 25F will be no more at the end of FY14 (effective 01OCT 2013). Any Soldier with MOS 25F will become a 25NY2 and must complete one of several training tracks to remove the Y2 identifier. There will be a transition course that is currently in development, also 25F NCO's who attend ALC will attend 25N ALC and have the Y2 identifier removed.

There are future plans to combine 9 Signal MOS's to 3 MOS's( Network, Transmission, User Support) but that is atleast a couple years off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGYEO,

Posts: 27 | Location: Fort Gordon, GA | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGYEO:
There has been an MOS Change action approved by DA and the MOS 25F will be no more at the end of FY14 (effective 01OCT 2013). Any Soldier with MOS 25F will become a 25NY2 and must complete one of several training tracks to remove the Y2 identifier. There will be a transition course that is currently in development, also 25F NCO's who attend ALC will attend 25N ALC and have the Y2 identifier removed.

There are future plans to combine 9 Signal MOS's to 3 MOS's( Network, Transmission, User Support) but that is atleast a couple years off.

I've heard the same, with WIN-T Inc changes coming, as it stands I'm a 25F30 getting looked at this year.

Posts: 58 | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I heard this as well, does anyone have a URL to something in writing saying this is happening?

Posts: 8 | Registered: 14 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
@ Andrew1479,
Im currently attending ALC and we got a briefing from Signal Towers that were actually converting to 25N this October. Your upcoming FY13 unit MTOE should reflect this change. However, the MOS Posture sheet on the Signal Branch page says were not converting until next october. I guess it will be just a guessing game. My understanding is its because is the on going need for MSE (ADA 25F's). Make sure you use a CAC. Here is the link:

https://akocac.us.army.mil/sui...D7B14995F58.appd04_2

posted Hide Post
I attended a 400 hour JNN course this past winter/spring as a 25U1O. We were told for those that were already 25F that this course would make them eligible for 25N. For those of us who weren't, we would need to take 25F phase one in addition. Later we were told that if we were already 25 CMF MOSQ we would just need the JNN course. Does anyone know of guidance that governs this transition?

Posts: 15 | Registered: 02 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The 25F to 25N transition course is now in ATTRS. The course number is: 260-25NY2 (T) (CT).

If you are a 25F and nearing a PCS I would inquire with my schools NCO to see about getting slotted in a class TDY enroute.

Posts: 27 | Location: Fort Gordon, GA | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Anybody have any newer docs on this? I'm looking at a memorandum stating 2 different things. That those who go thru 25f alc get the 25N curriculum. States first that they will be awarded 25n after completion of then course. It also says later in the paragraph... The reclassing won't actually start until 1 June.

This memorandum is dated 11 Oct 2011.
Just curious if I'll be a 25N as soon as the course is over and reflected on erb, or 1 June?

Posts: 32 | Location: Fort Bragg | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post