ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Signal    25P Question
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25P Question
 Login/Join

Picture of JstaUAtech
posted Hide Post
Chief, is that 53rd that posted the two SSG IMA Vacancies on the HRC site? I just noticed those today.

Posts: 117 | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AutobahnSHO:
quote:
Originally posted by BndckS8t:
25P 7E will transition to 25S for strategic purposes. 25P 7D will be transitioned to Ordnance.

The job tasks will get transferred. I didn't read anything abou transferring 25P7D Soldiers to Ordnance Corps- that would be kind of crazy.

Yea if you look on the first memo it says that all training and positions for 25P 7D will be 94E's. In talking with some retention people and branch it seems this will also be a mos conversion since they absorbed those positions, hence why 94E's are now getting promoted.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 26 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am also a 25P7E. I am also curious to read this memo or be directed to a location that I can obtain the memo or anything else official outlining this supposed merge.

I would appreciate any and all assistance.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Merge was DENIED !!!!

Posts: 5 | Registered: 06 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
Calvin, so no merge? Where did you get this tidbit of information?

SSG S

Posts: 75 | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Sorry about the delay on the answer to your post, but I was at ALC when the word came down on the merge being denied....Is it being reworked???? That I don't know, as I have yet to get any word back to from any of my connections.....will work and see what I can find out though.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 06 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Well we might as well admit that Fort Gordon has no idea what they are doing.

25F is set for deletion in October 2013 and it is still a star MOS picking up SGT and SSG.

Meanwhile, we have tech controls in theater with 0 NCO's.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BndckS8t,

posted Hide Post
That is the information we were given during ALC, that 25P was going away and they were going to stop training for 25P in AIT and ALC, but then a couple months ago we recieved the letter stating 25P phase out would take a few years, but were not given a hard date. Here is that email. This email is from 4-29-11..

Since there are so many rumors running around pertaining to the possible upcoming changes to the 25P MOS, I have been trying to run to ground exactly what is the correct answer. I just got off of the phone with the 25P MOS Proponent Office trying to get some updated information pertaining to the future of the 25P MOS. As of today, there is still no approved change to the MOS and as such, those Soldiers that are in the rank of E4 and below that are reenlisting will NOT be able to reenlist as a 25P since there is not an INCALL for that MOS due to it being over strength. This means that you will have to select a different MOS for reenlistment or get promoted to the rank of E5 or above prior to reenlisting to stay as a 25P.

Now, here is what is being proposed for the future of the 25P MOS, so we can try to dispel some of the rumors that are circulating right now. Keep in mind, that this is what is being PROPOSED and has NOT been approved yet. First, they are proposing to delete the MOS 25P7D completely. They are also proposing to have the MOS 25P7E subsumed by the MOS 25S. This means that the two MOS's will be combined and designated as 25S.

What does this mean for you as a Soldier holding the MOS of 25P? Depending on what your EL score is on the ASVAB (not the GT score) will decide what you need to do or will happen. Currently the MOS 25S requires you to have an EL score of 117 to join that MOS. There is a proposed 1 point waiver across the board for those personnel that are currently 25Ps. If the approval goes through, you will go home one day as a 25P, and the next day, if your EL score is 116 or higher (you can check this score on your ERB if you are unsure of what your score is), you will return to work and be a 25S. For those that have an EL score below 116 you have a few options you can do: you have the opportunity now to try to raise your EL score through retaking the ASVAB; you can change your MOS prior to this date if there is no INCALL (right now that is the E4 and below) through re-enlisting or possibly submitting a DA Form 4187; or you can do nothing and at the time this goes through you will be re-classed automatically to needs of the Army. Re-classing to needs of the Army will mean that you will probably be given a list of about 3 MOS's to choose from and that will be what you will re-class to. These are usually not the best MOS's out there, so I would really lean toward recommending one of the other options.

If you are one of the lucky ones that are automatically re-classed to the MOS of 25S, there is a proposal in to provide funding to send all of you back to AIT to get the training needed. If the proposal for the funding is shot down, then you will be getting OJT only. The MOS of 25S, if approved, will then be responsible for their current mission (satellites), and will also be responsible for the "old" 25P mission of Tech Control as well. Each MOS will be either retrained at AIT to ensure that they are able to perform both jobs, or will receive OJT to fill in the gaps.

The MOS change is not happening in the very near future. We are looking at 2013/2014, or it may get pushed even further. Currently the proposal is at the 4 Star General Officer level for approval. If I get any more information, I will ensure that you all receive it as soon as I do. Please disregard any other information that you may hear, or may have heard since that information is incorrect.

Posts: 57 | Registered: 18 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Pretty much the same information they gave to 25F's back in 2007 and they are still promoting in that MOS. It's suppose to get deleted in 2013 now.

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
I was checking out the Posture sheet for 25P. Reads as follows in Current Issues:

"Proposed merger of 25S and 25P rescinded as of 24 Jan 12."

SSG S

Posts: 75 | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Ha, interesting. They got further this time than others (that I'm aware of).

With the Signal magazine talking about cutting and combining MOS, I'm surprised they don't keep pushing it. To me, 25N and 25P should be combined, 25S and 25Q should also be combined.

Papas don't work that much with actual radios anymore, as they don't fit in with the newer tactical systems.

I've also proposed to friends that 25P be made an E-5 and up MOS- feeders would be 25S and 25N. My Reasoning- 25P working at a TCF is working alongside contractors. Actually they should be 'keeping tabs on' those contractors. How does a PFC (who barely knows their job and is usually more immature as far as the Army,) know how to watch (kind of 'supervise' or 'quality control') the Contractors??

Just an idea though, doubt it will ever gain traction.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post