ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Signal    25P Transition Timeline
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

25P Transition Timeline
 Login/Join

posted
So today I recived a powerpoint with a 25P/25S merger timeline that lays out the transition through 2016 starting 2011. According to the graph a 25P/25S retrain school will be used for SL1-SL3 that recieve a Y2, Y3 identifier for transition.

According to the graph those that do not fall under the Y2, Y3 identifer will be needs of the Army.

I was a 25F before i became a 25P (go figure!!) and I have been through a transition period before where I was forced to reclass through retention. I'm really wondering how you will be chosen for a Y2, Y3 identifier?

This timeline I saw is very aggressive and I hope it doesn't mess up these MOS's and make me hate myself for not going 25E.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 26 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Needs of the Army huh? That's funny you say that because I was also a 25F and was forced to reclass while in Korea and chose 25P. I've come to the realization that I'm probably going to have to reclass once again. Thanks for the info though.

Posts: 48 | Registered: 18 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Yea i'm really bitter about that because I loved being a 25F and really didn't want to change. As soon as I did i was promoted in reclass school and 25F became a star mos because they realized they were still using MSE and needed 25F.

Does anyone have a comment on my original post about Y2, Y3 identifiers?

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
Could you hook me up with that PP? I am scheduled for ALC in July and wondering which ALC I would get, the old or new one. So you are saying if you don't get a y2 or y3 you have to reclass, or forced to reclass? What does the y2, y3 Id mean anyway? I am confused. If you can send that PP to me I would really appreciate it. jerald.stapleton@us.army.mil

SSG S

Posts: 75 | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The Y2 and Y3 ASIs mean that you're in "Transition." I am also curious as to how they will be selecting personnel for these identifiers.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jroc021:
So you are saying if you don't get a y2 or y3 you have to reclass, or forced to reclass? What does the y2, y3 Id mean anyway? I am confused. If you can send that PP to me I would really appreciate it. jerald.stapleton@us.army.mil

Y1, Y2, Y3 are listed as "tranistion" codes on the ASI List. Means you are in a period of transition because of a MOS change. Those in transition will be that way until they learn both 25P and 25S because they will be merged when all is said and done.

But some could be forced to reclass because it happened when I was a 25F and I came to this stupid stuipd MOS.

I send that PP to you.

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
Yeah I got it thanks. My only question, How will they determine who gets the Y2 and who doesn't?? Once again looks like a crap shoot. So the unlucky ones won't get the Y2 and the army says we need you to be a cook?? Wink I report to ALC 25 or 26 July finish 1 SEP. So if I get the Y2 I will just have to go to the Transition course not ALC all over again. But the Transition courses dont start until Oct next year. I wonder how that is scheduled?

SSG S

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
Ok I'm an idiot. SL 1 and 2 autoatically go to the Trans course. For some reason I thought I was a SL 3. Wishful thinking.

SSG S

posted Hide Post
ld you send me that PP also? I'm very curious about what's going on with this. Supposedly all 7Ds are going to be transitioned to Ordinance, which I am. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
nicholas.patterson2@us.army.mil

Picture of Full Metal Elf
posted Hide Post
Could you please send me the Power Point timeline as well, thank you very much.

james.matthew.berry@us.army.mil

Posts: 49 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
So far what I am reading of the merge between the papa's and the sierra's is for the most part correct. There is a little more to it though, If you are a 7E, you will need a EL score of 116 on your ASVAB (depending on test date) to be looked at for the merge to 25S7E. also you may be a 7E, and not be looked at due to being slotted as a 7D. Timeline is currently off a year though as from what I have recieved as info the ERB's will not start getting flagged till 1 OCT 2012. So if you have to retake your asvab you have time to do so. As for 7D's ...besides some being handed of to need's of the army, some will be handed off to 94E. Yeap that is correct....and I do have that in writing also. Also if you have had ALC/SLC from what I am seeing in the slides you will just go back to Gordon for the 5 month transition course, If you need those courses you will attend them then do the transition course. Also ....do not be looking for promotions within the papa field anytime soon as we are over our numbers on E-5 and E-6 both...E-6 by roughly 30....E-5 by roughly 80. My recomendation....If you are in your reenlistment window at the moment and want to reclass outside of the 25P/25S field, then take advantage of the situation. But be aware if you reclass to 25S...you will end up going back to Papa school when the merge comes through. THIS IS NOT SET IN STONE AND COMPLETELY APPROVED YET!! IT IS STILL IN THE APPROVAL PHASE AT THE MOMENT. Any questions shoot me an e-mail. I will try and keep the information flowing as I get it.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 06 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
LOL....just look how long they have been getting rid of 25F's. They still aren't gone. Just like we still had MSE when they tried going to 25N we sill have Tech Control's that 25S don't know anything about generally.

posted Hide Post
Alot of Soldier are confused I guess about this transition and think 25P's are getting the raw end of this deal.

25P's will be flagged until they complete the 25S transition course. Likewise, 25S's will also be flagged until they complete the 25P transition course or NCOES.

Just to clear that up.

posted Hide Post
Any new updates on the merger?

Posts: 7 | Registered: 18 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post