ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Signal    Reclassing to 25B2, what is the progresion like from E-5 to E-6?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reclassing to 25B2, what is the progresion like from E-5 to E-6?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone! I am excited to re-class to 25B2P! I started out as an 11B switched to 92A got my degree (4 year) IT Management, so I am so excited to work within the field I hold my degree.
What are your experiences with promotions from E-5 to E-6? I sure hope that career progression is better than 92A.
After graduation from Gordon I have pin-point assignment to:
Unit: 0043 SC HHD ( Campbell Barracks)HHD
City: HEIDELBERG

Your knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Posts: 3 | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Go here
https://www.us.army.mil/suite/grouppage/847
Go down to links below where it says
"The following are quick links to Community pages containing targeted information for each Career Area of Concentration"

Click your MOS then the "MOS Posture Sheets".

You'll see lots of MOS info there.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LadieJA74
posted Hide Post
it mostly depends on the units umr,promotion list and the unit them self! if the umr has alot of empty slots in that mos the chance of getting promotied with in the reg is good. if the promotion list is packed with people on the promo list then they dont do much promoting in the unit and your stuck!

Posts: 10 | Registered: 15 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Snack'ums
posted Hide Post
If you have the military ED you should be good for promotion the points are less that 600 for SSG in the primary zone, also your going to have a blast in Germany sometimes I wish I was still there!

Posts: 120 | Location: Augusta,Ga | Registered: 28 July 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
less than 600in primary zone for the new system...in the new system that is a LOT of points!! I know alot of 25B's that have been promotable for a LONG time and sitting on alot of points!

SSG V

Posts: 171 | Location: Fort Lewis, WA | Registered: 15 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Just a little piece of information:

The Signal Corp's is doomed by mismanagement of personnel. Meaning we have 25L's running TCF's, 25P's doing orderly room work, 25B's working SATCOM and TCF's and the list can go on.

You can never really tell whats going on by the posture sheet. For example:

November 25P's were at 104.1% strength - Promote 0

December 25P's were at 104.1% strengh - Promote 2

E-5 to E-6 right now is pretty easy for 25B's and they have been picking up a lot because most people take their skills out of the Army. I work hard under the new system to get my points up to 650.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 26 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post