Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHCA
 Login/Join

posted
Does anybody have any experience working with White House Communications Agency? I wanted to find out information from NCOs that have worked there. Any info would be appreciated.

Posts: 35 | Registered: 03 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What sort of things are you wanting to know?

WOC Fry

Posts: 17 | Location: JBAB | Registered: 16 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Anything

posted Hide Post
Anything? How about this, you won't be physically at the White House!

Posts: 15 | Registered: 02 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Have a friend stationed there, he lives on Ft Belvoir.

Missions are fairly short, 2-6weeks at a time, then about twice that time at home.

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Here are a few things about WHCA:
There are WHCA personnel who do physically do work in the White House, it isn't a big number but there people who do. There also is a small number of people who work out of Camp David. The majority of WHCA personnel are stationed at Bolling AFB.
Missions are 1-2 weeks long and with high chances of going back on missions after only be home for a day or two.
You have the chance to visit countries that you might never get a chance to visit.
If you enjoy being in charge of troops then this will not be the place for you, it is generally E-5s or above.
You will get the Presidential Service Badge after one year of being assigned to WHCA.
I hope this is what you were wanting to know. If you have any other questions just ask away.

WOC Fry

Posts: 17 | Location: JBAB | Registered: 16 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks drz. I actually just went to a briefing at our Ed. Center and filled out an app. Thanks again. MacAllen AKA captain obvious, thanks for the useless info.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nomar62277:
Thanks drz. I actually just went to a briefing at our Ed. Center and filled out an app. Thanks again. MacAllen AKA captain obvious, thanks for the useless info.

Useless information is an understatement, it was wrong and uninformed because there are WHCA personnel that work at the White House.

Good luck with the security piece.

Posts: 77 | Registered: 26 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
How long does it usually take to get accepted for WHCA? I heard about another type of clearance called "White house clearance".

Posts: 6 | Registered: 16 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
The amount of time it takes to get accepted to WHCA depends on a few variables. One is the current clearance that you hold, a full T/S is required and it might take a year or more to have one completed. Two is when your current DEROS date is, WHCA probably wont move you if you just PCSed to a new location. I applied in June, had orders in September, and signed in December. This is probably the quickest that it will happen because I already had the clearance and lived in the DC area (it was a no cost move).
The clearance that you speak of is the Yankee White clearance.

WOC Fry

posted Hide Post
what is DEROS? thanks for the replies, i appreciate them!

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
If you are overseas, you have a Date Eligible for Return from OverSeas

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of CrisTama
posted Hide Post
quote:
... a full T/S is required and it might take a year or more to have one completed

Not necessarily, i got mine in 3 months, and i am dual citizen and in the country for less than 5 years. So, if you have nothing bad in your backround, it should be pretty quiq.

Posts: 665 | Location: All over the world | Registered: 03 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
yeah i currently have a secret clearance so it shouldnt take long to get my TS. However, I am deploying here pretty soon and i'm afraid if they wont accept me because of my ETS date in 2013

posted Hide Post
Havinig a secret clearance has no relative bearing to a top secret clearance. WHCA sounds like a good gig, but most assigmnents like that want a 3 year commitment. You should check that part out.

Posts: 259 | Registered: 23 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post