Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHCA
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
WHCA is a 4 year tour, with most people extending a couple of extra years because they enjoy it.

WOC Fry

Posts: 17 | Location: JBAB | Registered: 16 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Depending on your MOS and where you are needed will depend on where your place of duty might be. At WHCA there are several different locations and commands. Some do not travel at all doing 8-4 hrs or shift work, some work at Camp, some work on 18 acres, etc. You might be assigned to a travel team, it just depends.

We need soldiers and recently I have seen SPC's here. However if you want to lead soldiers I'd think twice. WHCA is a Special Duty Assignment and should be taken as such, its just a stepping stone in career progression although it is frankly possible to retire here.

I came from a line unit with 3 tours under my belt, it was a significant change. Suits and Tie, huge responibilities, long hours, etc.

It's not for everyone, thats what Recruiting, SGL's, Drills, etc. are for. There are Special Duty Assignments for all types of Soldiers.

Posts: 58 | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I've heard a couple guys in my co submitting applications to WHCA, meet the clearance requirement and currently working as a 25S1C (satcom networks coordinator).

What is the application process like? Besides dropping a packet do you get re-investigated due to the nature of the job which could add time to the process? Looking into reenlistment options and I would rather not leave the area if it would help me get accepted.

Lastly, would a permanent profile for no running cause issues?

Posts: 23 | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of AutobahnSHO
posted Hide Post
Yes you get re-investigated, credit is a bigtime check. Make sure your ERB is updated before you apply.

I've seen applications take up to 6months before you get the green light.

www.disa.mil/whca

Be Proud of what you do- and do it Well! ~me

Posts: 5284 | Location: Ft Gordon (Again!!!) :-| | Registered: 22 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ive heard some guys say that theres even a polygraph test, is this true?

Posts: 23 | Registered: 08 October 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
AngryNapkin (great name btw), can you tell me anything about 42A (S1) assigned there at WHCA?
I'm assuming they don't travel?

quote:
Originally posted by AngryNapkin:
Depending on your MOS and where you are needed will depend on where your place of duty might be. At WHCA there are several different locations and commands. Some do not travel at all doing 8-4 hrs or shift work, some work at Camp, some work on 18 acres, etc. You might be assigned to a travel team, it just depends.

We need soldiers and recently I have seen SPC's here. However if you want to lead soldiers I'd think twice. WHCA is a Special Duty Assignment and should be taken as such, its just a stepping stone in career progression although it is frankly possible to retire here.

I came from a line unit with 3 tours under my belt, it was a significant change. Suits and Tie, huge responibilities, long hours, etc.

It's not for everyone, thats what Recruiting, SGL's, Drills, etc. are for. There are Special Duty Assignments for all types of Soldiers.

Posts: 28 | Location: Ft Carson, CO | Registered: 22 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post