ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Signal    Master Gunner Course
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Master Gunner Course
 Login/Join

posted
I have been offered to take the Master Gunner Course at Ft. Gordon and im not sure if I want to take a slot. Can anyone tell me what this course is like? Thanks

Posts: 4 | Registered: 05 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What platform are you talking? Abrams? BFV?

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Here is a link for Digital Master Gunners Course.

http://www.signal.army.mil/Arm...011Vol36No2Sub18.pdf

Posts: 27 | Location: Fort Gordon, GA | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just graduated from the course today. I enjoyed it very much.

The course is very fast paced and requires your full attention. The primary purpose of the course is to paint the grand picture of Brigade and below network layout and signal flow. You will be configuring Brigade and Battalion level networks from the server stacks to the clients.

I would recommend that anybody thinking of attending this course prepare by freshening up on sub-netting and the basic concepts of signal flow. Troubleshooting Cisco Routers and Switches is also something that I would look into.

I highly recommend this course to any Soldier who wishes to pursue a career in the Signal Corps. Even if you think that you know a lot (just like I did) you will find out in the end how little you actually did know.

Don’t be afraid. Do it!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 12 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post