ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Signal    Question regarding TCO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question regarding TCO
 Login/Join

Picture of Jack_of_all_Trades
posted
Im Spc. Mielewczyk, 25U, TCO for my battalion, i was wondering, with these skills, what can I do on the outside? Be a tech for a phone company or something?

Posts: 76 | Location: Conn Barracks | Registered: 30 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
By TCO I am assuming you mean Telephone Control Officer (i.e. the guy calling the NEC to get the CDRs voice mail or blackberry fixed?) My guess its not going to really translate to anything directly. Your skills as a 25U will help a lot more then that.

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My advice to you is to learn more than just being a "TCO". When you work as a TCO understand what exactly the phone installers are doing. Take a trip down to the switchboard and see what the civilians are doing and how they configure the DSN switch to allow and disallow certain user privileges. Ask them what certifications and/or degrees they have and follow that career path. It will all carry weight on a resume. But like chief said, you should get a lot of experience being a 25U dealing with Tactical Comms.

Posts: 11 | Location: Waegwan, Korea | Registered: 21 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post