ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Signal    Reclass to 25S
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reclass to 25S
 Login/Join

posted
I'm an E-5 who is looking at reclassing to 25S from 13R. I have already talked with my ReUp guy and he said that both MOS's were 'balanced', he said I'd have to fill out a 4187 and request the reclass with reup and send it up the chain. I am currently stationed in Fort Carson, CO. I was wanting to know when during the reclassing process should I be able to call up the Signal Branch Manager to see about getting an assignment? I would like to be stationed at Peterson AFB since that would mean I would not have to pack anything up and move again.

EQ-36 Radar Section Chief

Posts: 7 | Registered: 24 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
You're jumping way ahead of yourself. Not possative, but I'm pretty sure the 25S AIT course is a PCS to begin with. Even if it's not, you will not get your assignment until well into the course. Finally the number of 25S here on Peterson is very small so your chances of coming here (especially right out of the school house) are pretty small. I would plan on packing your things.

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of LadieJA74
posted Hide Post
i hope you have the line scores for that mos! and its a long course your going to have to pcs to the training post no question in that!! good luck!!

Posts: 10 | Registered: 15 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Ok thanks for the info Chief.I can always hope lol.

@LadieJ I think I should be good with the scores. I have and decent GT score, 124. Thanks for the reply though.

EQ-36 Radar Section Chief

Posts: 7 | Registered: 24 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Jroc021
posted Hide Post
Chief,

Any 25P slots there?

SSG S

Posts: 75 | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
53rd Signal BN? Nope. On Peterson? Pretty sure no, but not possative.

CW3 Troy Ward
NETOPS OCT
Bronco 30E
National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA

Are you a signal warrant officer? http://www.signal-chief.com/

Posts: 609 | Location: National Training Center, Fort Irwin, CA | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of ATW
posted Hide Post
Im a 25S and Ill tell you first off, if you make the decision to try this, you will PCS to Fort Gordon. The training consists of a 12 week portion of Common Core Criteria explaining the basics of the job. After the first 12 weeks, you will branch Tactical or Strategic. This portion is called AOT or assignment oriented training. Dont pay attention to that because it doesnt matter. I went through Strat and ended up at a Tac unit, but Ill get into that.

What does matter is that if you get strategic, you are more likely to end up at a step site, which typically consists of shift work and just monitoring links. Also, branching strategic makes available the opportunity to be selected for the 1C course, or "one chuck", which is the Satellite Controller course, which I strongly recommend doing if you can. It is worth money on the outside. Anyhow, the Strat course is about an extra 12 weeks added on top of the initial 12, which the potential 6 months for 1C if you get it.

Tac is about the same and will consist of using different equipment. When I went through Tac classes trained on 85D vans and the Phoenix terminal. Afterwards, they had a VERY brief 2 week crash course on the JNN which is what alot of 25S end up working with.

Now, things that may affect you assignment after completing the course are which ASI you recieve, 7E(strat) or 7D(tac) however, I have a 7E ASI and because I went to Airborne school, ended up at a tactical unit. It matters to an extent which one you have in terms of where youll go, but usually around the end of Common Core, you would get your "projected orders". Mine were the only ones I saw change from then until the end of the course, but I was kind of a special case.

I will tell you that the 1C assignments are non deployable units and are only at I believe 7 step sites around the world. I know Japan, Hawaii, Fort Carson, and Landstuhl Germany are among those sites.

Hope this helped a little.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 14 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post