Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AWG
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone have any first hand feedback on the AWG? Are they at Bragg or Myer?

Posts: 44 | Location: Germany | Registered: 16 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of regulator
posted Hide Post
Actually, we have an AWG here on Jackson. It's extremely good training. More combat focused for today's modern battlefield. It actually gives you a better way of training Soldiers. Actually, we are beginning to implement it more with the new Warriors coming into the Army today. They teach us and we teach them.

NCOs lead the way!!!

FOLLOW ME

Posts: 70 | Location: Anywhere the Army sends me | Registered: 12 September 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jon1stad:
Anyone have any first hand feedback on the AWG? Are they at Bragg or Myer?

If you are talking about Assymetric Warefare Group, they are in Meade as I am thinking about putting in to get assigned to that unit, have to go through the "selection" process though, it takes about a year according to the SGM.

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SF_SupportSoldier
posted Hide Post
FYI...AWG is NOT SF, or related to USASOC.....

"De Oppresso Liber"

Posts: 53 | Registered: 03 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of DatAdminGuy
posted Hide Post
I'm strongly considering trying for this assignment too. I got the email today, sounds interesting. Quick question, does it differ from those other SMU's that I keep getting emails for? One I received told me I'd be on the east coast (not Bragg), another from someone at Bragg and the last one came from Meade.

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and the will to carry on."
- Walter Lippmann

Posts: 122 | Location: Ft Leavenworth (WOO HOO) | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SF_SupportSoldier
posted Hide Post
AWG is one of those SMU's that don't fall under USASOC. To me it looks good, but in the Army everything that looks good isn't always good. Before you make a decision, check out the Civil Affairs Branch. This is an all NCO affair that not many know about. It too has a "selection" and take only the best of the best.

"De Oppresso Liber"

Posts: 53 | Registered: 03 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post