Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta Force
 Login/Join

posted
Is there anyone out there who can share information on how to qualify for the Delta Force?

Do you have book, video, reg. information?

Or do they not exist...

:arrow: :?:

Posts: 9 | Location: Queens, NY | Registered: 13 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Most of the information you get about Delta is just going to be rumors and hear-say. It's my understanding that you won't even know about Delta until you hit E-5, in which you are given on breafing on the unit. If you hold any hopes of joining the unit, you have a long road ahead of yourself. Solid grasp in SF or Rangers is the place to start. Be qualified in everything you can be, be in the best shape you can be in, and the determination that can carry the weight. Get at least a BA in political science, international relations, ect. Do that and you [u:152298559e][b:152298559e]might[/b:152298559e][/u:152298559e] be considered for selection, but we're not even talking about standards yet. I'm not really sure what you're looking for as far as information, be a little more specific.

Posts: 13 | Location: South Lyon, Michigan | Registered: 24 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
the one is right. but you just can't apply for it they come to who they want don't go out looking for them le them come to you. Just do your job the best you can thats really all anyone can say on this subject.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
go SF and once you made that then inquire about DELTA.

Posts: 522 | Location: FT Campbell | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Synergy44
posted Hide Post
That's not all true. I am currently in a line unit in the 82nd (Well in a few weeks going to SWTG) and me and my roommate just went to SFOD-D briefing the other day... You only have to have 2.5 years in the service, be a Spec-4 all the way through to MSG, have a GT of 110 (no waiver), I think you also have to be older than 21, and be airborne qualified...

Derrr....

Posts: 3 | Location: North Caro... Nevermind | Registered: 22 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
There is no clear definition of what 'delta force' really is. My opinion is that there is no specific unit with the name delta force, and the name itself is basically from hollywood. What we do know is that they are SF that specialize in Counter-Terrorism and unconventional warfare. So goto your local SF briefing, get in an SF unit and then whatever part of SF interests you focus on getting into that(whether it be unconventional warfare, CT, search and rescue, etc.). Don't go special forces with the sole goal of being in a fabled unit. Find something you like and do it.

Posts: 23 | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
actually when i was at bragg they were recruiting through the base newspaper.

Posts: 61 | Location: Okinawa, JP | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT EyE
posted Hide Post
You guys are right, for the most part. Delta Force is an SF element. In the SF community there are Operational Detachments. ODA(which you always hear about)- Operational Detachment Alpha, ODB- Operational Detachment Bravo, ODD-Operational Detachment Delta (Delta Force). Special Forces(ODA) handle everything from Unconventional Warfare, Direct Action, Counter Terrorism, Foreign Internal Defense, etc. Delta Forces specializes in Counter Terrorism actions and Hostage Rescue. You don't hear about these missions because you are not suppose to. The "Black Army" or "Black Operations". When you get into Delta Force you are erased from the Army- Your records, your assignments and you are erased. You don't have to be SF or a Ranger to become Delta Force. After you make it as an operator, more than likely you'll be sent to those schools to enhance your skills and knowledge. Did you guys know that the former Army Chief of Staff, GEN Schoomaker, was a Commander in a Delta Force Unit? I think a soldier should go SF first, spend some time on a team then apply for Delta Force. Do good research, find a mentor, and know WHY you want to go. Although I'm not SF yet I've talked to many SF and Ranger guys and I've learn a lot about it. By no means do I want you to think theses are 100% true facts, this is what I've learn and what I believe to be true. There are a number of books to read and websites to review to get you in the right mindset.

Books to Read:
-Get Selected, by MAJ Joe Martin and MSG Rex Dodson
-The Raid, by Benjamin F. Schemmer
-Bulletproof: The Making of an Invincible Mind, by Chuck Holton (Movie or Book)
-The Ranger Handbook
-FM 21-20
-FM 7-8
-PAM 601-25

Websites to check out:
-http://www.bragg.army.mil/specialforces/
-www.warrior-mentor.com
-www.professionalsoldiers.com
-https://www.smrecruiting.us.army.mil/index.aspx

Good Luck!!

Posts: 41 | Location: Fort Meade | Registered: 29 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SF_SupportSoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAT:
go SF and once you made that then inquire about DELTA.

The greatest Advice on here so far.....Walk the Walk before you start asking questions....

"De Oppresso Liber"

Posts: 53 | Registered: 03 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SF SGT
posted Hide Post
I know this post is old as shit, but to keep people from "rumoring" all over this forum, I'm going to put up some info. I also really hate it when PFCs get on an SF forum and talk about SF like they know...
First, Delta is no mythical secret like everyone thinks. There are plenty of resources available. Now, due to obvious security reasons, there isn't a lot of info on the training.
Secondly, they don't go looking for certain people. They recruit twice a year and it's worldwide.
Third, You'r record does not get erased. I've heard that so many times I want to puke. Otherwise there would be a bunch of retards running around all the time saying "I was Delta but my records are erased or blacked out so you'll never know". DERRRRR...
SFC Randall D. Shughart and MSG Gary I. Gordon were two members of Delta. If they didn't have a military record then why is there info posted all over the place???

http://www.specialoperations.c...a_Force/default.html

The above site will help prove or disprove all rumors or facts.

Posts: 39 | Registered: 29 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hey i found a great site that tells you how to become a member of Delta!! It doesnt take much to learn how to do the job and its real easy http://www.delta.com/

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Or you could just go to the actual site
https://smrecruiting.us.army.mil/index.aspx

Posts: 24 | Registered: 17 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Speculating here as i'm interested in SF Support. 1.) SF_sergeant is right, why would a soldiers record be erased? Makes no sense, there would be non existent? So how would one be identified in his own chain of command? By CaC card"? How he is non-existent...SMFH. Please all that non-existent record erasing stuff is pure BS. Even I know this as a itty bitty SPC in a LEG unit with no SF ties. Common sense you must use in order to get things sometimes.

2.) If I'm not mistaken, maybe I read wrong or information was incorrect. "Delta Force" is SFOD-D. Not the CHUCK NORRIS - Delta Force, although I liked those movies. I have been researching SF units and stuff for some time now. Just do lots of research, before you even think of going SF, SF Support, SOD-G, etc....Do some research, know what to expect, know what to look for, know what you want and if you have what it takes. Not everything is an easy path. I recently acquired about SF Support, and I've been studying SF for years, and still got the" Go back again and research" from them. Not that easy to get into, nor will you go there from a any other Non SF/SOC unit and think it will be easy and laid back. Earn your title, know your job and be part of that best of the best pyramid. Smiler

Teddy Smiler
SPC / 13BU6

Posts: 16 | Location: 11234 | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Teddy13BU6: Earn your title, know your job and be part of that best of the best pyramid. Smiler

The best read so far!

Lead, Follow or get the hell out of the way, 'cause I will run you over!

Posts: 73 | Location: Any DZ | Registered: 22 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Kick ass at what you do, and they will come to you.

Do you want to know what Army Basic Training and Army Life is "really" like?

http://whatisbootcamplike.com

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post