New
Find
Notify
Tools

CA Selection
 Login/Join

Picture of Ten Speed
posted
I'm slated to go to Civil Affairs Selection Course in a few weeks. Has anybody else been recently? What should I expect? After Selection how long does it take to get put on orders to attend school?

Posts: 33 | Registered: 01 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of sprat2
posted Hide Post
I don't know how the selection is but a buddy of mine went to the selection in january and he pcs'd march 2, so it was pretty quick.

Posts: 260 | Location: Macdill AFB | Registered: 21 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Ten Speed
posted Hide Post
I'm currently oconus in Germany, hoping if I make it I won't have to wait out my deros to go to school.

Posts: 33 | Registered: 01 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Chris_
posted Hide Post
It has changed from 4 weeks of power point class graduation to almost similar to SFAS physical level. You will do 12 mile ruck <3 hrs. 5 mil run <45 min. That's graduation requirement. BTW be ready to ruck for around 20 miles with ruck (some surprises in engagements) and 3 hours of sleep for 5 days. If someone is on profile don't even try as they don't let you start selection. Let me know if I can answer any specific questions if you have. Its worth doing everything as branch is well recognizing and growing well.

If not now, then when? If not me, then who?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 11 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I have a question about CA. Is it a good place to be at before trying SFAS? Would it prepare you for that?

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Kouch. | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Too completely different missions....If you want to go to SFAS go. If you want to be Civil Affairs then go.

Just because they both fall under USASOC doesn't mean they're similar

Posts: 468 | Registered: 08 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
CA Assessment and Selection is different than SFAS - some say harder. Very few make the switch to SF - CA has a higher retention and promotion rate than SF. More have switched from SF to CA than vice versa.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 16 April 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I would love to see data backing that up.

Posts: 259 | Registered: 23 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post