Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flash for beret
 Login/Join

posted
I am going to the 17th Psyop Bn (abn) in Austin. I am trying to get all of my stuff in order. Does anyone know what the flash is for the beret? Any examples or where to get it? Thanks so much, T

Posts: 3 | Location: Brenham, TX | Registered: 25 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of JC351LPP4
posted Hide Post
It looks like you'll be going to the 344th PSYOP Company.
I coudnt find any info on what flash you'll be wearing, but here is a link to the DUI: http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon....ldryUnit.aspx?u=4069

Posts: 344 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 01 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thank you much. I thought of that while at my kid's soccer game. The link makes it easier. T

Posts: 3 | Location: Brenham, TX | Registered: 25 February 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmm. Well that was an awesome link but I could only find 345th and 346th flashes. My contact over their says maroon beret. But I can not get info from him in reference to the darn flash. Is the Army flash possibly worn if there is not a unit flash listed in the Heraldry Institute?

Picture of JC351LPP4
posted Hide Post
"Is the Army flash possibly worn if there is not a unit flash listed in the Heraldry Institute?"
I hope not. That would look so ate up.
I would talk to your contact and see if he/she can send you a photo of the flash, or tell you where to purchase one, or maybe see if he could send you one in the mail.

Posts: 344 | Location: Fort Belvoir, VA | Registered: 01 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Pathfinder1
posted Hide Post
Unit supply should issue you both the flash and crest, upon inprocessing.

Posts: 81 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Hmmmm good question, I'm a flash and patch collector, I havent been able to locate anything besides this.

1, that unit CREST is CORRECT for that unit.
2, Not sure if you would wear a STANDARD ARMY flash, that would be ackward considering all other PSYOPS units use a Designated FLASH! I have never seen a ABN unit, use a STANDARD FLASH on a MAROON BERET. I might be mistaken, but im 98% sure its not possible.

3, I did a little more research and it is quite possilbe you may wear the 7th PSYOPS GRP Flash, but dont quote me on this as usually BN's or CO's get there own FLASHES.

Teddy Smiler
SPC / 13BU6

Posts: 16 | Location: 11234 | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post