ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Special Forces, PSYOP    new to the army interested in 18x
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new to the army interested in 18x
 Login/Join

Picture of Vanderboom-11B
posted
pvt vanderboom and im set to reclass to 11x infantry from engineer, im very interested in an SF career, anybody have tips, pt tips, motivation, also rucking, how many times weekly should i be rucking, and just general lifestyle hints, i want to know what it takes to be able to gut selection, thank you

To Quit, To Give-Up, To Surrender, Is to Fail

Posts: 7 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 10 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Tabbed
posted Hide Post
I'm not an SF recruiter so I'm not sure about the regs as far as a private trying to transfer over to the x-ray program but as far as getting ready for selection, a little bit of time and a lot of dedication is all you need.

You phrased selection quite correctly. It's just a gut check. A process to see if you're even worth taking the time to train. Most guys will tell you that selection and the Q course (SFQC) is 90 percent mental but take it from me, if you're not one of the top PT performers in your unit then you're just making it harder on yourself when you go through. I was no PT stud when I went through but if I were to do it again, I would have shown up in better shape.

Anyway, here's a website:
www.military.com/army-special-forces/training.html

Just push yourself and present yourself as an asset and not a liability. That's what the instructors are looking for.

"Relax, sir. It's an SF thing."

Posts: 2 | Registered: 01 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
This thread is kinda old, so I don't know what PVT Vanderboom is doing now, but anyways, after speaking with the SF recruiter at Benning, he said 18x is an INITIAL enlistment option only. Not something one can reenlist for.

Posts: 43 | Location: Fort Polk | Registered: 26 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Shewtor McGavin
posted Hide Post
But you can extend for it by using the BEAR program.

Sequence #229

Posts: 283 | Registered: 26 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post