ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Special Forces, PSYOP    Ranger and Airborne ROTC Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ranger and Airborne ROTC Question
 Login/Join

posted
I am going to BCT in 37 days and once I do that I will finish my Senior year then go to college. I am going to do the ROTC program there. Once I have finished 2 years I am called a Cadet. My recruiter said from there I can basically do anything I want. And I want to be able to go to airborne school and try to do Ranger. Is this even possiable? Will it be easy for me to be able to get to these schools? Will I go during the summer when I classes end for the summer? Do I need to mention these things in my contract when signing up for the ROTC program? Thanks for all the help!!

Posts: 31 | Location: MAINE | Registered: 02 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Hunter5
posted Hide Post
One step at a time, you should focus on graduating BCT before you come in here asking about schools that you won't be able to attend until 2010. One step at a time.

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will...

Posts: 71 | Location: Ft Knox, KY | Registered: 28 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Dog Robber
posted Hide Post
Most schools that have ROTC will have a couple slots for Airborne and/or Air Assault each summer. These are generally reserved for Cadets that have finished their second year of school. Each school assigns these to cadets in their own way. (there is guidance from cadet command on how to do this)

Now I am assuming that since you said you are doing BCT that you will be in the Guard/Reserve and then an SMP cadet. If that is the case my experience is that most schools would want your unit to send you to those courses and save their slots for the non SMP cadets.

Also Ranger school isn't something that Cadets do. Keep your nose in the books, max the PT test and become a DMG then branch infantry and then maybe you can get your Tab.

Posts: 126 | Location: University of Iowa | Registered: 30 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post