ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Special Forces, PSYOP    questoin about gettin to go ranger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

questoin about gettin to go ranger
 Login/Join

Picture of SSG DAN
posted
Im a 13B cannon crew member. I wanted to know could I go to ranger school with my MOS or not. If i could how would i go about doin that?

Posts: 45 | Location: FORT BRAGG, NC 82ND | Registered: 03 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Quartermaster922
posted Hide Post
2. Enlisted personnel. Ranger training is available on a voluntary basis for enlisted soldiers who are in the following MOSs:

11B - Infantryman

11C - Indirect Fire Infantryman

11H - Heavy Anti-armor Weapons Infantryman

11M - Fighting Vehicle Infantryman

12B - Combat Engineer (In companies that directly support Infantry battalions)

13F - Fire Support Sergeant (Habitually associated in direct support to Infantry battalions)

14S - Avenger Crewman (Habitually associated in direct support to Infantry battalions)

CMF 18 - Special Forces Personnel

19D - Cavalry Scout

19K - Armor Crewman

Those enlisted soldiers of any MOS or specialty assigned to Ranger Coded Positions within the 75th Ranger Regiment or Ranger Training Brigade may attend.

Posts: 300 | Location: Where all discharged soldiers go | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Why dont you just go SF? why only Ranger?

Posts: 15 | Location: C-17 | Registered: 09 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Dont forget 74D's can go!!!! NBC!!!

Posts: 290 | Location: MOPP 4 | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
37F's can also go.

Posts: 34 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm a 25M (Multimedia illustrator) aka "COMBAT CRAYOLA". There are 25M's assigned to the 4th POG and within the 9th PSYOPS Battalion and there are 25M's in that unit who are Ranger tabbed. However, the 9th PSYOPS is the tactical battalion in the 4th POG. There are also Reserve PSYOPS units that have tactical platoons and have soldiers who are Ranger tabbed in those units as well.

Posts: 8 | Location: Ft. Riley, KS | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post