New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFAS prep
 Login/Join

Picture of Elite_SGTMP
posted
Other than ruck marching, what can I do to ensure I am fully prepared for the physical aspects of special forces assessment and selection course? thanks!

Posts: 11 | Location: Yongsan, Korea | Registered: 20 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My ex girlfriends dad went to selection not to long ago.
He told her that the last ruckmarch was 30 miles and had to be finished in 10 hours. After theyve been up for 48 hours or something crazy. Sleep deprivation would be a good start.

Do you want to know what Army Basic Training and Army Life is "really" like?

http://whatisbootcamplike.com

Posts: 72 | Location: Fort Carson | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGT Diesel
posted Hide Post
Im sure you've already seen this SF prep page, but just in case you haven't..

http://www.bragg.army.mil/specialforces/prepare.htm

Good luck!

Posts: 139 | Location: Ft Belvoir, VA | Registered: 25 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of desertgrunt
posted Hide Post
Also sfas is now only 14 or 15 days. One of the NCO in my unit who was just selected said it has done a complete 180 from the 25 day course. also don't be peered out or a non-select

" I think we should thank SFC Hulka for being our Big Toe"

Posts: 80 | Location: FT lewis | Registered: 22 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Congrats on your choice to volunteer for selection. The best advice that I can give you is to show up in good shape and to prepare yourself mentally and physically for the challenge that lies ahead. Selection is just the beginning, it is only about two weeks now, but don't take it lightly. Don't argue with your peers, be a team player, and lead when it's your turn to lead. It's a worthwhile experience and your training will continue well past SFAS, and throughout your career when you make it past selection. Good Luck, and don't quit!

"De Oppresso Liber"

Posts: 1 | Location: Ft Lewis | Registered: 29 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My buddy just left for SFAS. He was told there's only a couple of two week courses, then they are going back to three weeks. Not sure on the validity of that claim, but that's what the SF recruiters here on post claim.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm

Posts: 67 | Location: Hawaii | Registered: 17 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Went to selection in October and was a 24-day non-select. All I can say it that be prepared for everything and never quit.Show them that you really want it and train hard before you get there.Never let anything get you down.
Above all NEVER QUIT!!!

Posts: 12 | Registered: 04 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post