ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Transportation    Info on 2 1/2s and 5 Ton trucks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info on 2 1/2s and 5 Ton trucks
 Login/Join

posted
Does any one have a Tech Order on these vehicles or applicable training/lesson plans I can benmarck off of? I have an O-4 asking for stuff and I'm having a bitch of a time getting this info. We would use this for pre-deployment qualification/training. Our Motorpool is pretty much useless as we don't have any of these vehicles. Willing to trade info on other topics if needed.

Posts: 126 | Location: Goodfellow AFB | Registered: 27 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
If you are looking for a Techinical Manual, you can search online at this official site. I did a search for: 2 1/2 ton and came up with 17 matches for online TMs.

Posts: 137 | Location: CONUS | Registered: 19 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My MOS is 88mike, I know everyone always makes fun of them, but from what i have read of the job, ect...... I think I am going to like it, why do people make fun of 88mikes. some one has to do the job :wink:

Posts: 10 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 28 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
My MOS is 88mike, I know everyone always makes fun of them, but from what i have read of the job, ect...... I think I am going to like it, why do people make fun of 88mikes. some one has to do the job :wink:

Posts: 10 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 28 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Defesnor Fortis go to your motor pool and ask your motor sergeant for the info. They should have all information for any military trucks, generators, etc...

Alishae N Tingle because all they know how to do is pretty much drive...but don't know how to maintain the equipment they operate. Maintaining military equipment is pretty straight forward because you are just following step by step instruction from the TM's.

Posts: 158 | Location: OKC | Registered: 06 April 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm a 19D filling an 88M slot in a National Guard Cavalry troop. It's not just driving for us since we use HEMMTs (10 ton cargo) and fuelers in the resupply section. Since we have M1s and Bradleys we have to know the ammo and how to operate the cranes as well as drive in sometimes tough terrain. We had a rotation to NTC in 2000 and some of the hills out there are challenging for some of these vehicles with a high center of gravity. Just because you "only drive" a truck doesn't mean its always easy.
HOOAH! and keep the rubber on the road.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 26 May 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post