ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Transportation    Any 88K's Out their?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any 88K's Out their?
 Login/Join

posted
I am interested in becoming an 88K transfering from 19D. Anybody have any helpfull info?

Posts: 5 | Registered: 06 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGTCEE
posted Hide Post
i am to interested in this mos if you have found in any info on can you please post it? thanks

Posts: 60 | Location: Wiesbaden, Germany | Registered: 31 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
It is seriously an awesome MOS. Field time consists of sailing down to the Caribbean fishing and grilling the whole way. No real mission since Hati, and before that some WWII invasions. With all the downtime most have 2-3 degrees since you actually can pursue higher ed. Active Duty can only go to Hawaii and Virginia, so that means you can actually buy a house. They have 1 hard deployment to get and that is in Kuwait. Promotion is slow though.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of SGTCEE
posted Hide Post
you know thats the second time ive heard this with deployment...are you a 88k?

Posts: 60 | Location: Wiesbaden, Germany | Registered: 31 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Nope my WLC was full of them.

Posts: 2619 | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Since there really is no info on 88Ks out there on old posts - I thought I'd share on this one for others searching.

My husband is an 88K (@Fort Eustis, VA)- for 2 1/2 years he spent his time not going anywhere - he never left except for school here or there. Now he is on a different boat and is gone all the time. They are little missions but frequent and prohibits you from going to school. If you're single its great with liberty and such but if you are married with a family its a unstable schedule. They do get to volunteer to go to Kuwait. Promotion for 88K is definitely slow once you hit E4.

He loves his job - I can tell you that but they're waiting for word on whether the boat field is going to be cut or not. Who knows with the Army - things change every day.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post