ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Transportation    Selective Reenlistment for Deployed Soldiers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Selective Reenlistment for Deployed Soldiers
 Login/Join

posted
I am five months into my initial enlistment contract, and heard about the Selective Reenlistment Program for Deployed Soldiers. I came in with a status of single w/o dependents, and would like to be considered as a single soldier with dependents. One way to do this is by reenlisting and I am nowhere near my ETS, can I reenlist under the Reenlistment for Deployed Soldiers now, or when do I have to wait. Also, if given the opportunity to reenlist could I reclass?

Posts: 11 | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Career Counselor
Picture of ArmyReenlistment
posted Hide Post
When you are deployed in support of OIF/OEF, you can reenlist regardless of your ETS. You will only be offered Option 1 (Regular Army) or Option 2 (Current Station Stabilization) unless your MOS is overstrength.

What is your MOS?

You can only be offered Option 3 (Army Training Option) if you are within 24-months from ETS; unless your MOS is overstrength.

It's YOUR career! Take control of it before someone else does.
http://www.ArmyReenlistment.com
http://www.facebook.com/ArmyReenlistment

Posts: 6763 | Location: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall | Registered: 31 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Thankyou for your help, I really appreciate it, I haven't been able to access this site for a while which is why it took me so long to get back and thank you for your response.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post