ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Branch Specific Posts  Hop To Forums  Transportation    Anyone going to Iraq as a 88M?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone going to Iraq as a 88M?
 Login/Join

posted
I recently returned home from a year in the desert. If you are going to be deployed to Iraq and have questions feel free to ask me.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I am going to basic Sept. 9 at FLW MOS-88M

Are we getting better at detecting IED's over there? I saw a report on the use of robots in patrol, looks like that can help. Is a new 88M more likely to be assigned somewhere in particular or is the need for them pretty widespread? What kind of trucks did you drive in Iraq? Where you on supply missions only or did you work in raids,etc?

Thanks- keep up the good fight! Big Grin

Posts: 24 | Location: Fort Polk LA | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
How's the quality of the vechicles holding up over there after a year in the desert?

Posts: 936 | Location: web surfing hell | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I just came back from Korea, I was in a transportation unit. I'm not an 88M, I'm supply but everyone who left there that went back to the states are in units now that are deploying or already have deployed to Iraq. Huge possibility you'd go over there. Also I read that if your ets-ing, that is one of the few MOS that they are calling back. Good luck with Basic and AIT. 88M are some great soldiers. :P

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
They are calling them back because the damn contractors are refusing to truck some routes....civilians, go figure. :?

Posts: 936 | Location: web surfing hell | Registered: 31 March 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
What do you ecpect. Those civilians saw dollar signs and aren't doing that great of a job. We drove alot of their routes when I was there cause they kept getting hit. And we don't make as much. Maybe that is why they are offering us so much to stay in...

Posts: 2 | Location: Heidelberg, GM | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post