Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mid tour leave
 Login/Join

posted
My little brother is a reservest in Iraq and is about to go on mid tour leave and his pay offices is stating he will have to pay for any flight from his initial conus airport. ie, he arrives to st louis he will have to pay from pocket to get home(texas) and will also have to pay for his return flight to the st louis airport. Is this correct? Will he have to pay for those flights?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of EX-BUDGETNCO
posted Hide Post
If home is in Texas, why is he flying into St. Louis? When I took my R&R, they flew me straight into where I was going for my leave.

Posts: 168 | Location: Wherever The Army Sends Me | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of TransAm95NCO
posted Hide Post
that is correct he will have to pay to get home, they just send you back to your duty station or I guess for the REserves, as close as they can to your unit...

Lead by Example!!!

Posts: 3914 | Location: Somewhere in the US | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Is St. Louis his home of record?

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but if I recall correctly, the military will pay for his airfare to/from his home of record and all subsequent travel is on his dime.

Posts: 458 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 08 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post