Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

88M
 Login/Join

posted
Just enlisted with 88m as my MOS. Going to Ft. Leonard Wood Sept. 9 for basic and AIT. I can't wait to start training on the vehicles. Anybody have any tips, advice, experience with this MOS? How many different types of trucks do we train on? Thanks :x

Posts: 24 | Location: Fort Polk LA | Registered: 13 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
when i went in 99 we trannind on only 2 trucks. The LMTV and the 5 ton with tractor trailer. Most of the time driving was with the LMTV. you will get more tranning with other trucks after AIT when you get to your unit.

Posts: 43 | Location: Ft. Carson, CO | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Greywolff
posted Hide Post
when i went we trained on 915's hemit and 5 tons so i guess it depends

Posts: 292 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
when did you go greywolff? When i was there in 99 there were a few 5 tons but most of the time you drove the LMTV and only the 77F (fuelers) got to drive the hemits. Im sure its changed some what since then.

Posts: 43 | Location: Ft. Carson, CO | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Greywolff
posted Hide Post
mid 80's hehehe

Posts: 292 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
oh ya, i dont even think the LMTV came out yet when you went to AIT. lol

posted Hide Post
Well, the best I can say is this. You train on 3 Vehicles. Humvee, LMTV, and 915's. If you have no larger vehicle experience they will teach you plenty. Be prepared for alot of PT. If you get the chance go Airborne and oh yeah! Get ready for a lot of jokes. People make fun of 88M but wait till they get over seas and need you for Mail, PX and Food. Lol! Then they treat you better. And everything they have and can get you haul. Remeber all that.
As far as the LMTV's go they came to the Army early 90's. :lol:

Posts: 2 | Location: Heidelberg, GM | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post