Hi to any and all who read this post. I am trying to track down the packet/application for the G2G non-scholarship option, but can't seem to be having any luck doing so. I was wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction. Also, does anyone know how long it takes for Cadet Command to process the non-scholarship packets? I am trying to submit my packet ASAP so I can start school in April 2013. Thanks for any help regarding this (I asked a similiar question in the "G2G Active Duty" link due to the large number of posts there, so sorry for the double-tap).
your s3 would be the best starting point as they would have pushed out the frago covering g2g, but another idea is to hit up your company/battery commander. unless they're a peon they'll be more than willing to point you in the right direction.
Read below its from the ADO section. Sounds like you need to complete you ADO or scholarship packet and just get a 4187 signed to release you from duty!
i'm getting bogged down with PMs asking about the non-scholarship stuff. i'll go ahead and put it in the public forum for quick reference so that everyone can take quick action if needed. i know everyone is getting anxious....i wish the best for all of you. but if you aren't on the list and want to pursue this, here you go. i cut this right out of the PM:
so i'll walk you through what steps to take if you find out that you aren't on the ADO list (i'm hoping you're on the list!)
1. contact your school's PMS and let him/her know your intentions to go non-scholarship. i don't know if you read my post earlier on this. this is a funding issue, but in most cases if he approved you for ADO, most likely he will take you in for non-scholarship.
2. i would then contact CPT Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. he will ask that you completed step 1, then ask you to send him your birth certificate, 104-r, school acceptance letter, rotc acceptance letter, financial statement, pt card, and erb. you can use all your documents from your ADO packet, EXCEPT for the financial statement. you need to do a new one that annotates your change in income.
3. he will review everything and make sure you're qualified. he'll then send you a shell 4187. fill one out exactly to the shell. sign it, send it up through your head shed or s-1. it needs to be signed by whomever in your chain of command has court martial authority (whoever would chapter you out if you pissed hot...most likely your BN CDR).
4. once i got mine, i had to send it to the separation transition office. i don't know if this was just my office, but i needed two additional memos signed by my BN CDR and my BDE CDR. i turned in my 4187, two memos, rotc acceptance, school acceptance, and erb to transitions.
5. one day later i had my orders and DD 214.
too easy. i hope you don't have to go through this, but if so just follow these steps and you'll be headed to school this fall.
if you are unable to get in touch with CPT Smith, let me know and i can forward you the 4187 shell. i'm sure he is going to be busy catching a lot of calls too.
you'd receive va benefits, smp (e-5 drill pay), TA if your state guard/reserve provides (most do),rotc stipend, and unemployment (most likely...i'm still don't have a warm and fuzzy about this yet). my wife will be working full time too. unemployment is by state, alabama isn't that great, but it's something. hope this helps, best of luck to all of you.
Originally posted by pro: your s3 would be the best starting point as they would have pushed out the frago covering g2g, but another idea is to hit up your company/battery commander. unless they're a peon they'll be more than willing to point you in the right direction.
Pro is correct however, this is the Army and I can tell you my S3 or S1 wasn't tracking a Frago from Division and I had to find it on the portal and provide it to them. I guess that is why only 3 applied for the Hip Pocket out of 15,000+ Soldiers.