ArmyStudyGuide.com Community

ArmyStudyGuide.com's Community is an Army Forum

ArmyStudyGuide.com    ArmyStudyGuide Community    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Officer Business  Hop To Forums  Commissioned Officer Discussion    Enlisted to Officer Question...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enlisted to Officer Question...
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Everyone,

I’m currently stationed at the Pentagon and I don’t really have a normal chain of command so I figured I would reach out to you all on this topic.

I’m a SSG who is a 35F on active duty and I’m getting ready to reenlist for assignment. This reup will put me over the 10 year mark so I’m in it for the long haul.

More background on me: Not that my current chain of command lack the experience, but more of a timing issue, I’ve started doing tons of research on this option. So far I’ve discovered that I need to improve my current GT score and complete my degree IOT apply, but I still have some info gaps that I need to fill before I’m 100% certain on this option. I’m 27 and I have about 1 more year before I receive my bachelors in applied management.

My questions:
1. Is there anyone out there that has recently completed the OCS active duty option? Specifically the option that a college graduate would take, not the active duty ROTC one.
2. What is the current age requirement for this option?
3. I saw on another forum that OCS maybe wavered if you have previous leadership experience, such as WLC and ALC.
4. When are the boards? Are they annually, quarterly?
5. Any other websites on the application process other than the HRC one?

Posts: 8 | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
3: That would probably be a direct appointment. For RC at least, those are completely separate from OCS applications. Our usual standard is SGT with WLC.

This is a ten level task

Posts: 2870 | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post